PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-A1 Lags / Locks up after fresh Win 7 install

Rack0
08-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Hey guys,

I just did a fresh Win 7 install / installed a new SSD and now my G74SX-A1 randomly lags. I will be surfing the Internet or simply browsing through Windows and the computer will stop responding. I can move the mouse still and sometimes open the Task Manager, but nothing will respond. It will be like this for 30 seconds or even as long as 2-3 minutes.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

lextech
08-26-2011, 09:07 AM
I had a same case like you. I'm using Corsair Force3 120 GB SSD. After I tried many way to solve it, finally I found only one way that WORK!!!.
Try to turn off TRIM on your Windows 7 by run command prompt (cmd), then type "fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 1" (no quote).
Then restart your machine, Enjoy :)

Rack0
08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey lextech,

Thanks so much for the reply. I am trying to do what you said however every time I enter "fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 1" into the command prompt it says: The FSUTIL utility requires that you have administrative privileges.

I have administrative privileges of course (I even double checked). Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Rack0
08-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Ok I right clicked and did "Run as Administrator" and the then restarted....

However, as soon as I booted the computer it up and it immediately lagged again for a good minute...

Very frustrating. Any other thoughts?

xeromist
08-26-2011, 06:43 PM
So are you saying that the command finally took after the run as admin but you are still having problems? When you do open the task manager do you see anything taking your CPU resources?

Another thing you may want to check is if your SSD has a newer firmware available. Sometimes they have issues with firmware at release.