PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G53J some keyboard shortcuts not working

BrotherBaffled
09-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Yesterday my computer was working fine. I did not install anything, or change any settings. Today when I came back, all my user profile stuff was gone cuz windows apparently decided to reset everything to factory settings. Which is a different issue I can fix in my own time, but importantly, I am now unable to disable my touchpad using fn+f9 anymore. I use a mouse and the touchpad gets in my way when typing fast. Also, the buttons in the top left hand corner that change "performance" and 3D settings, and the other fn+f? don't bring up the same graphics anymore. Is this a driver issue? Anything I can download to fix this problem?

Zygomorphic
09-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the forums, @BrotherBaffled. Try (re)install the ATK drivers and see if that helps.

BrotherBaffled
09-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Just realized I also lost almost all my steam save files and any little progress helps. I reinstalled the ATK drivers, and the graphics have now returned. Fn+f9 still doesn't toggle the touchpad though. Any other way to toggle it on/off?

EDIT: Tried reinstalling the synaptic touchpad drivers. Now it works, but every few restarts the problem resurfaces and I have to reinstall the driver. Weird stuff be going on here. Anyone might ve any ideas why this might be happening?

Zygomorphic
09-10-2013, 12:45 AM
That's an odd issue - one that I have never seen. Possibly an issue with the version of the touchpad driver that you have installed? Do you have the latest from ASUS? If so, you could try an older version if available and see if that helps.

BrotherBaffled
09-10-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm just using the ones in the thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status= tried the recommended and "excruciatingly slow" ones both...

Zygomorphic
09-11-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm just using the ones in the thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status= tried the recommended and "excruciatingly slow" ones both...
OK, how are they working? Is it still acting up?