PDA

View Full Version : S.O.S HELP Accident with screen display

boshudio
09-09-2013, 03:52 PM
On my asus G750JW-BBI7N05 I was trying to see how to change inputs when I had the extremely stupid idea of thinking that the input would be a second display so I set it to Show Second Display only when I didn't have one so my screen went black I waited and nothing happened I was hoping it would revert, I reset my comp to see if that would fix it, at the start up I see the ROG logo then after the screen is black PLEASE help me get my display working again.

Symho
09-09-2013, 04:04 PM
On my asus G750JW-BBI7N05 I was trying to see how to change inputs when I had the extremely stupid idea of thinking that the input would be a second display so I set it to Show Second Display only when I didn't have one so my screen went black I waited and nothing happened I was hoping it would revert, I reset my comp to see if that would fix it, at the start up I see the ROG logo then after the screen is black PLEASE help me get my display working again.

When you see ROG logo wait 5 minutes and try to press fn+F8.

Flea0
09-09-2013, 04:08 PM
dude an ssd equipped G750 boots 30 times in 5 minutes, he doesn't need to wait that long :rolleyes:

Symho
09-09-2013, 04:51 PM
dude an ssd equipped G750 boots 30 times in 5 minutes, he doesn't need to wait that long :rolleyes:

So how many time?

Maxter
09-09-2013, 05:10 PM

Wrong. G750JW comes with 1TB 5400 RPM hard drive (I have it too).
Possible solution to what it has been mentioned: If you see on the F7 button, you can actually use it to shut off the display manually. If after 5 mins Fn+F8 does not work, try Fn+F7.

cl-Albert
09-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Fn+F8 worked for me, so hopefully it will work for boshudio too, otherwise, try to connect an external monitor if it isn't too difficult.

Fn+F7 didn't work for me though on my G750Jw.

Not sure if I understand exactly what boshudio did, but wondering how you could shutdown the computer if you can't see the screen.
Anyway, if you try to put the system into standby through the power button of Fn+F1, waking it up may also show the Win8 lock screen and bring the display back to the notebook screen too.