PDA

View Full Version : Laptop freezes while playing

y0da67
09-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Hello.
I bought a Asus G750JX-T4145H and I must admit that I am very disappointed so far.
First of all I deleted the partitions too make room for my 140+ steam games.
One hard drive is for Windows + programs and the other one is for my steam games.

The problem is when I am playing a game it randomly freezes for 1-2 second wich is really annoying.
I tried it offine with a single player mission from Counter Strike Condition Zero (old game) but i experience it in every game, dungeon defenders, dead island etc...

I defragmented my hard drives, used several nvidia drivers but it didn't change.
I made a full restore but again that didn't work.
I also put my steam games on my OS hard drive but that didn't change anything.

I really don't know where it comes from.
Could you help me please?
Thank you

iweber95
09-10-2013, 02:25 PM
are you putting your games on an ssd or a normal hdd? Also are you running any overclocks?

Myk SilentShadow
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
How full are your hard drives? is one question that springs to mind and also, do you have the power pack plugged in while gaming?

y0da67
09-10-2013, 02:40 PM
are you putting your games on an ssd or a normal hdd? Also are you running any overclocks?

Normal HDD built-in. No overclock, stock driver, complete new installation.
I may be wrong but if i do not install the windows updates it doesn't freeze (not sure).

Power pack is plugged in. Here you got some screenshots. You may need google translate.
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/554113laptopyoda.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=554113laptopyoda.png)

Thank you for your quick help, you'll get a little reward if you help me to fix it ;)

iweber95
09-10-2013, 06:24 PM
all your nvidia drivers are up to date? Is the laptop plugged in? If not try running with lower settings. Also try running as administrator/win7 compatibility mode

y0da67
09-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Drivers are updated, laptop is plugged in.
If a game like CS 1.6 freezes, what could be wrong...?

Flea0
09-10-2013, 07:03 PM
does this happen even if you install a game on the other hard drive?

y0da67
09-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Yes I tried installing Steam + cs 1.6 on the Os partition, same problem

kra1t
11-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey i have exactly the same problem with my g750jx, im playing ghosts and it freezes for 2 seconds, never at the same time. specially if i try and use the sniper when ... it will freeze for sure. all stock, plugged in. i have no idea might have to send it in because so much money for a freezing laptop is annoying

PS: i do think its this 8.1 installation, but cant really confirm since i would have to do a clean installation :(

Vital1ty
11-30-2013, 04:33 PM
I also Freeze after installing Dirt 3 and its audio codec. deleted restarted and stopped Freeze

sasuke256
11-30-2013, 10:04 PM
try to see if the HD audio driver is up to date (ma-config.com is your friend) and also try to see the SMART state of your drive (AIDA 64 or HD tune can help you for that :) )
plus get rid of the Rapid Storage Tech. of Intel drivers, they gave me these freezes with a laptop !

Slandscree
12-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I have the same problem on my G750JH. I made some investigations. The cause of random in game 1-2s gaps is very, very SLOW HDD mounted in g750 family notebooks. I play World of Tanks a lot - the game was installed on my HDD (system on SSD disk) - game was unplayable!!! When I install the game on SSD everything went very smooth and without 1-2s "gaps". So I go step further - the game was installed on external USB 3.0 drive Transcend 1TB - no 1-2s gaps!
ASUS - you should shame! In top line of gaming notebooks, you install slow HDD, making some sort of games difficult to play!

alexargen
09-29-2014, 10:15 PM
im so desapointed with my ASS US ROG G750JX is impossible to play anything.. everithig is freezing around.. is nice , expenssive, and usseless.. i tryyed everithing, i read everithing i even reinstall windows and all drivers + updated everithing... but still freezing in game... unaceptable for a PC of 2000€

hmscott
10-03-2014, 09:35 PM
im so desapointed with my ASS US ROG G750JX is impossible to play anything.. everithig is freezing around.. is nice , expenssive, and usseless.. i tryyed everithing, i read everithing i even reinstall windows and all drivers + updated everithing... but still freezing in game... unaceptable for a PC of 2000€

alexargen, when you say freezes, do you mean lag / hiccups - temporary freeze, or do you mean freeze like lockup and have to power off freezes?

If you are running games from the HDD, then also try quiethdd - it stops pauses/freezes due to APM.

https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

Put these config lines in the quiethdd.ini file

FirstRun = 0
AC_APM_Value = 255
DC_APM_Value = 255
AC_AAM_Value = 254
DC_AAM_Value = 254
AAMEnabled = 1
APMEnabled = 1

It will also stop the clicking from the head parking noise.

The real cure for HDD induced lags / pauses / freezes is to get an SSD drive, it gets rid of this problem. :)

Please let us know how this works for you, and if you solve it with an SSD, which one you used.