PDA

View Full Version : Cpu voltage fixed at high value = very high temps

GoldenSaint
09-11-2013, 01:23 AM
hello,

I am having a problem with my cpu voltage become fixed at a high value of up to 1.4 sometimes. The computer comes pre overclocked at a 4,2ghz, 4.4 and 4.6 I measure the temps at all of those settings and the are all the same and high 85-87c.
Any suggestions?

Chino
09-11-2013, 02:33 AM
If you feel comfortable about tweaking your BIOS, you can go and manually decrease the vcore. Sometimes the auto overclock option uses a little too much voltage.

GoldenSaint
09-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey thanks for replying asus locks out everything pretty much except for the basics like CPU power management
I was think it might have something to do with c states but I don't know also the computer has now crashed a few times with a blue screen

Chino
09-11-2013, 06:38 PM
In the BIOS or in AI Suite?

HiVizMan
09-12-2013, 10:17 AM
If your system is a pre-OC system do not mess with it.

It is working how they have set it up to work, what applications are your running when you get the high temps?

If you are not happy with the temps please contact the place you bought the system from. Pre-built systems that are pre-OC should not be messed with. Let the folks who built the thing sort it for you.

GoldenSaint
09-13-2013, 09:27 PM
its not so much the temps that I am worried about but the high voltage and the fact that I can start the computer run folding at home (uses 100$ cpu) and the voltage will be at max 1.294 and the restart the computer and find out the voltage is now almost 1.4 I think the auto vcore is doing some weird stuff.

Edit: The pc crashed a few times upon login to windows 8

HiVizMan
09-14-2013, 11:05 AM
I would strongly suggest going back to who you bought the system from. The crashing is bad for a pre-built system.

The dropping of your vcore when under load is perfectly normal. A bit more than I would expect to see but normal none the less. It is a Intel built in feature and called Vdroop. It is not a bad thing.