PDA

View Full Version : G46VW Backlit Keyboard Issue

PhlexPlexico
09-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Hey everyone, I just got back my G46VW from the asus repair centre today, after getting a new motherboard and a new harddrive because they messed my laptop up the first time sending it in. Anyways, everything is working fine but there's only one issue, the backlit keyboard doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling different ATK packages to no avail, and I just can't get the backlight to work! Is there any way that this can be remedied? Now, it's not a big problem but kinda sucks because it was a good feature for a bit and I no longer have it.

Pitcher@asus
09-11-2013, 06:29 AM
you mean when you press FN+F3/F4 no function? i think it may be having install ligh cable or connecter.

PhlexPlexico
09-11-2013, 06:30 AM
you mean when you press FN+F3/F4 no function? i think may not be installing ligh cable.

How do you mean not installing a light cable? Like, the repair centre didn't do it when placing in the new mother board? And yes, whenever I press fn f3 or f4 nothing happens

cl-Albert
09-11-2013, 07:58 PM
The keyboard lights should flash for a second when you first turn on the unit, so if you aren't seeing this, it is not a software issue and will need to be sent back again for repair.

If you plan to send back the system again and are interested, send me a PM at cl-Albert with your new RMA number and I'll ask the Canada office to keep an eye on it.
Otherwise, if you don't plan to send it back soon, send me your old RMA if possible, and I'll ask ASUS Canada to look into it, so other customers don't have the same problem.