PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G75VW-NH71 & ssd recolonization problem

Shini44
09-15-2013, 04:02 PM
i got my ASUS G75VW-NH71 ssd install and it came with Win8, i added Kingstone Hyperx 120GB SSD,

the device manage can recognize it also the bios when i set the ACHI, raid and IDE yet i can't use the SSD as a booting option, it is not select able....

can you tell me how to install win7/win8 on the SSD, i prefer win7 ofc :P

villiansv
09-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Might wanna post this in the G75 forum, mate.

Shini44
09-15-2013, 04:32 PM
"ASUS G750 Series Notebooks" i think i am in the right place though but i went to post it somewhere else since you think that is a wrong place.

Shini44
09-16-2013, 12:44 AM
it is really sad not to be able to use SSD after going for the best laptop... so far most of the methods are hard for me to understand...

"Either one you will need to set up a USB Chip set up to boot and install UEFI GPT. There is a program being used successfully Rufus

In the BIOS you will need to disable secure boot and enable CSM

Remove any secondary hard drive, Install your SSD to the 0 Slot should be the one on the right with the NB bottom side up to work on the drive bays
Detailed Guides are located here

Since your NB came with Win 8, I would highly recommend that you create a Restore Media using Asus Backtracker That way you will have a way to recover your system to factory condition if needed.

Don't put your secondary hard drive back in until you have fully installed Windows, Chipset drivers, IRST drivers, NVidia driver and all other hardware driver updated, Windows updated completely. By now your boot has been confirmed you should test everything Stress test GPU and CPU, Wlan, Lan etc. Ok your convinced your notebook hardware is working and your Windows is solid. Put your secondary drive back in to slot 1, and install your software/games. enjoy your notebook."

UnfairAwesomeness
09-16-2013, 12:59 AM
"ASUS G750 Series Notebooks" i think i am in the right place though but i went to post it somewhere else since you think that is a wrong place.

"G75, G55 & G46 Series Notebooks"

right under "ASUS G750 Series Notebooks"

Here is a link if you still can't find it: http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?146-G75-G55-amp-G46-Series-Notebooks

UnfairAwesomeness
09-16-2013, 06:36 AM
btw, what is a "recolonization problem"