PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JX software problems, Need Help

Al_Jourgensen
09-16-2013, 11:26 AM
hello Community

I have some doubts and problems on my Asus G750JX I shall describe

Windows 8 Bios question

Once the manual is not described, what I wonder, is the option "Boot" in "BIOS", there is an option that says "ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE", i wanted to know how to configure this option, i want to know, what values ​​should i put, to set up a drive, a tutorial, anything

Realtek audio driver, does not contain DTS or Dolby Digital, to select Windows 8

Since i do not get an answer from the manufacturer Realtek, and the Driver that is available on the page of Asus shows me on the options only 2 channels, in the output "SPID-INF" I do not have a Dolby Digital option to activate, such as appeared in my previous Asus M50VN, when i try to connect it to my amplifier, with 5.1 Bose speakers, only stereo is available
can someone help me with this problem.

I can not pair an Apple Wireless keyboard in Windows 8.

In my previous Asus M50VN, the keyboard was detected, and showed me in Windows 7, the code for pairing, in the case of Windows 8, I have immense difficulty in pairing the Apple wireless keyboard, What can i do for this to work?, in 10 days it only showed me 3 times the pairing code, and does not give me the time to enter it.
I've tried to do a trick, that I read on a blog, when he is connecting, enter a code like for example 11111 "Enter" to see if the dialogue box with the pairing code appears, and so far, nothing, only those 3 times, but i donīt have time to put it, i need help on this

Thank you for your attention

Al_Jourgensen
09-16-2013, 04:03 PM
i really appreciated some help with this please, if someone, has a G750JX, and have this issues please, share, thank you

cl-Albert
09-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Windows 8 Bios question

Once the manual is not described, what I wonder, is the option "Boot" in "BIOS", there is an option that says "ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE", i wanted to know how to configure this option, i want to know, what values ​​should i put, to set up a drive, a tutorial, anything

Sorry, I only have the G750Jw model to check, so hopefully it will be the same.
I've never figured out what the 'ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE' bios setting is for, but you should be able to boot to whatever device you want by Enabling 'Launch CSM' in the 'Boot' menu and Disabling 'Secure Boot Control' under the bios 'Security' menu.
You may need to save and exit the bios settings and re-enter the bios before you can set the boot order you want, or try tapping the 'ESC' key a couple times at power up to see the bios boot menu.

Realtek audio driver, does not contain DTS or Dolby Digital, to select Windows 8

Since i do not get an answer from the manufacturer Realtek, and the Driver that is available on the page of Asus shows me on the options only 2 channels, in the output "SPID-INF" I do not have a Dolby Digital option to activate, such as appeared in my previous Asus M50VN, when i try to connect it to my amplifier, with 5.1 Bose speakers, only stereo is available
can someone help me with this problem.

You may be able to do some of the same things through the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel, but try right-clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar as in the screenshot below to choose 'Playback devices' and set the Realtek Digital Output as the default as in the screenshot below. Also check the properties for more settings.

In my previous Asus M50VN, the keyboard was detected, and showed me in Windows 7, the code for pairing, in the case of Windows 8, I have immense difficulty in pairing the Apple wireless keyboard, What can i do for this to work?, in 10 days it only showed me 3 times the pairing code, and does not give me the time to enter it.
I've tried to do a trick, that I read on a blog, when he is connecting, enter a code like for example 11111 "Enter" to see if the dialogue box with the pairing code appears, and so far, nothing, only those 3 times, but i donīt have time to put it, i need help on this

Not sure if this can help, but if you don't get better ideas, check device manager to find out which bluetooth driver you have and look for an update on the ASUS G750Jx Download site (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JX&os=&hashedid=x1g0H6pE0yWYGV8x).

Al_Jourgensen
09-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Sorry, I only have the G750Jw model to check, so hopefully it will be the same.
I've never figured out what the 'ADD NEW BOOT DEVICE' bios setting is for, but you should be able to boot to whatever device you want by Enabling 'Launch CSM' in the 'Boot' menu and Disabling 'Secure Boot Control' under the bios 'Security' menu.
You may need to save and exit the bios settings and re-enter the bios before you can set the boot order you want, or try tapping the 'ESC' key a couple times at power up to see the bios boot menu.

You may be able to do some of the same things through the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel, but try right-clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar as in the screenshot below to choose 'Playback devices' and set the Realtek Digital Output as the default as in the screenshot below. Also check the properties for more settings.

Not sure if this can help, but if you don't get better ideas, check device manager to find out which bluetooth driver you have and look for an update on the ASUS G750Jx Download site (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=521&m=G750JX&os=&hashedid=x1g0H6pE0yWYGV8x).

Hello my friend and thank you very much for your answer, patience, and attention

iīm going to try my 2nd problem, the realtek one, soon when i get home, in 8 hours, iīm at work now.

has for the 3rd one, yes, i already update them, but iīm still with the same problem, if i can just get some drivers...but there isnīt any, i try bootcamp, and installing some of them, to see if it works, but nothing, i think, i maybe lost my precious keyboard, and have to use a plastic one......but itīs been difficult to do that

but regardless of something, i really appreciate your attention, and i will give feed, about this, later.

Thank you very much my friend

hmscott
09-17-2013, 08:33 AM

Al, I don't have one with me right now, but I was able to pair one on my G750JW ok.

These instructions, along with this comment to the article should work for you, but...:
http://pcabletech.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/apple-bluetooth-wireless-keyboard-windows-8/

"...The only thing which I couldn’t find was the keypass. It was actually generated on the screen and it was 8 digits rather than 5. I took a photo to re-enter the second time..."

If the keyboard isn't showing up, trying resetting the keyboard. If you already paired the keyboard with another device, make sure that paired device isn't in range and turned on as it will pair and take the keyboard away from the G750 - it won't show up reliably in the available devices on the G750 - I had a iPad that was close enough to interfere when on:

http://davemeehan.com/technology/how-to-reset-an-apple-wireless-bluetooth-keyboard-mouse-or-trackpad

Al_Jourgensen
09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
ok the 1st one i already try it endless times, but the second one i didnīt try it, i will try i t latter, and leave my feed, here my friend

Thanks again for the quick answer

regarding the realtek, problem, iīm going to install later a new driver version V6.0.1.6954, i think this will change my control panel of maxxaudio, for a better one, and it seems that enhance the sound, iīm going to try it, what you had explain me i think i already have done it, i just want to ask, he uses, Dolby, or dts, depending, on what iīm playing, wright?

Thanks in advance

hmscott
09-17-2013, 09:43 AM
regarding the realtek, problem, iīm going to install later a new driver version V6.0.1.6954, i think this will change my control panel of maxxaudio, for a better one, and it seems that enhance the sound, iīm going to try it, what you had explain me i think i already have done it, i just want to ask, he uses, Dolby, or dts, depending, on what iīm playing, wright?
Thanks in advance

The latest version mentioned is .7004, which I have been using. It removes the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file from the install package - I am not sure if it cleans out the C:\Windows version of the rtkhdaud.dat file, but others have said it solved their problem.

There is a newer version just posted, not in the G750 areas but in the Notebook Audio drivers area on Asus Support site:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&s=111

Version V6.0.1.7027

Description Realtek Audio Driver
If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8,to prevent software compatibility issue, please uninstall the older version driver before install the newer version driver
File Size 104.33 (MBytes) 2013/09/16 update

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017027.zip

Uninstall the old driver using the Uninstall Control Panel, reboot, install the new driver, reboot, enjoy.

Works for me :)

For more detailed response, up through .7004, check out my response, #13 here:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37273-ASUS-G750JX-headphone-sound-problem./page2

Al_Jourgensen
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
The latest version mentioned is .7004, which I have been using. It removes the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file from the install package - I am not sure if it cleans out the C:\Windows version of the rtkhdaud.dat file, but others have said it solved their problem.

There is a newer version just posted, not in the G750 areas but in the Notebook Audio drivers area on Asus Support site:

Version V6.0.1.7027

Description Realtek Audio Driver
If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8,to prevent software compatibility issue, please uninstall the older version driver before install the newer version driver
File Size 104.33 (MBytes) 2013/09/16 update

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017027.zip

Uninstall the old driver using the Uninstall Control Panel, reboot, install the new driver, reboot, enjoy.

Works for me :)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37273-ASUS-G750JX-headphone-sound-problem./page2

thanks a lot my friend, iīm going to try it latter and give feed

thank you very very much for your attention and patience

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 08:20 AM
ok my friend i installed, one by one the drivers that you recommend, but max audio has desapear, i donīt have the program and donīt know how to download it.

regarding the file that you said to delete, it is not inside the realtek installation folder, and i canīt find it to delete it

can you help me with this, iīm on 7004 now.

thank you very much for your attention and patience

hmscott
09-18-2013, 09:05 AM
ok my friend i installed, one by one the drivers that you recommend, but max audio has desapear, i donīt have the program and donīt know how to download it.
regarding the file that you said to delete, it is not inside the realtek installation folder, and i canīt find it to delete it
can you help me with this, iīm on 7004 now.
thank you very much for your attention and patience

Ah, it's not a program, it is an extension to the Realtek Systray program. Double click on the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" systray icon, and when the dialog comes up, click on the AudioWizard tab, and Launch the Wizard, click on settings icon to right of title and get the large expanded settings dialog:

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 09:10 AM
iīm not at home wright now, i have to see if i have that option, i will give you feed about this, in 3 hours

Thank you very much, but i do not think i have that tab, what version of the program do you have? how can you delete the file they are talking about? i canīt find it....

can you link me to your driver?

Thank you very much

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 09:13 AM
i have this Edit, on the read me file of the Version V6.0.1.6976, but they donīt say what file is it....

EDIT: Don't forget to delete the file in the config folder after you unzip the file... Follow the instructions as it says.
EDIT2: You also have to delete the same file from c:\windows\system32\Drivers. If you find that same file in this windows folder, it needs to go as well (it might or might not be there). If you don't delete it, this won't work.

thank you again

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 09:22 AM
i notice that inside the config file, the folder is empty....

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Ah, it's not a program, it is an extension to the Realtek Systray program. Double click on the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" systray icon, and when the dialog comes up, click on the AudioWizard tab, and Launch the Wizard, click on settings icon to right of title and get the large expanded settings dialog:

i believe that i never saw that option, on my realtek drivers.........but i tell you wright away in 2:30 hours, when i get out of work

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
to put my notebook g750jx, in Dolby surround, do i have to buy, an external audio card to do this?

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 01:34 PM
i only have this option, when i return to factory restore

no "Rog" simbol, no digital output options, the only thing that appears is this, if i try to install other driver, more recent from realtek, Maxx audio desapears......

i try 7004 driver, but it has done what i told you, maxxaudio disappear.....can please someone help me with this, i read more posts, i try to delete, one file, after i install the program, but neither that file appears to me, in the "config folder", this one is empty

i need help, to improve this, and put these maxxaudio options, in the digital output exit.

please community is there some soul, that can help me resolving this issue

thank you in advance

hmscott
09-18-2013, 02:58 PM
i only have this option, when i return to factory restore

no "Rog" simbol, no digital output options, the only thing that appears is this, if i try to install other driver, more recent from realtek, Maxx audio desapears......
i try 7004 driver, but it has done what i told you, maxxaudio disappear.....can please someone help me with this, i read more posts, i try to delete, one file, after i install the program, but neither that file appears to me, in the "config folder", this one is empty
i need help, to improve this, and put these maxxaudio options, in the digital output exit.
please community is there some soul, that can help me resolving this issue
thank you in advance

The .7004 driver package doesn't come with the rtkhdaud.dat file. There is nothing to remove.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...problem./page2

From that response, the area to get the .7004 file is here (V6.0.1.7027 now available, works for me):

If you are seeing the MaxxAudio wizard correctly, after having done the restore, the .7004 package should update and show the ROG version of the user interface for MaxxAudio.

If MaxxAudio is gone after uninstalling the Realtek driver through the Uninstall Control panel, rebooting, installing the .7004 driver, rebooting, then perhaps you might want to download the .6976 package from the G750JX download for your language / country / region, unzip the installer package and remove the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file in the .6976 installer directory. Make sure to uninstall the old Realtek driver, reboot, install the .6976 driver and reboot.

I am downloading US drivers, and providing the links I find for US drivers. You might need to go through the steps of going to your G750 laptop download area for your region / country and download from there.

For US/Global, this is the G750JX download area where I downloaded the .6976 audio driver package that needs the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file removed from the unzipped installer before installing the driver:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JX&p=3&s=521

For another region/country you may want to download from another link, specific to your language/country/region. I don't know if these installer packages are universal or specific to a language / country / region.

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 07:22 PM
The .7004 driver package doesn't come with the rtkhdaud.dat file. There is nothing to remove.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...problem./page2

From that response, the area to get the .7004 file is here (V6.0.1.7027 now available, works for me):

If you are seeing the MaxxAudio wizard correctly, after having done the restore, the .7004 package should update and show the ROG version of the user interface for MaxxAudio.

If MaxxAudio is gone after uninstalling the Realtek driver through the Uninstall Control panel, rebooting, installing the .7004 driver, rebooting, then perhaps you might want to download the .6976 package from the G750JX download for your language / country / region, unzip the installer package and remove the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file in the .6976 installer directory. Make sure to uninstall the old Realtek driver, reboot, install the .6976 driver and reboot.

I am downloading US drivers, and providing the links I find for US drivers. You might need to go through the steps of going to your G750 laptop download area for your region / country and download from there.

For US/Global, this is the G750JX download area where I downloaded the .6976 audio driver package that needs the Config/rtkhdaud.dat file removed from the unzipped installer before installing the driver:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JX&p=3&s=521

For another region/country you may want to download from another link, specific to your language/country/region. I don't know if these installer packages are universal or specific to a language / country / region.

ALELUIA Problem solvedddddd!!! it was driver sweeper that i was missing......Thank You Very Much senseriosly

1 problem to go.... :)

hmscott
09-18-2013, 07:25 PM
ALELUIA Problem solvedddddd!!! it was driver sweeper that i was missing......Thank You Very Much senseriosly

1 problem to go.... :)

Excellent! :)

What is the last problem?

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 07:58 PM
the pairing with an apple wireless keyboard, it was working on my M50VN, now, in 10 days only 3 times appeard the window to insert the pairing code, but i didnīt even had the time to insert it

i try typing "11111" "Enter" while pairing, but nothing, i press and hold the power button, while pairing, nothing, desconecting and conecting, Bluetooth, hardware

i īdonīt know what to do, when i read cases that it worked....iīm trying this, since i bought the notebook, and already have the Bluetooth latest drivers installed...

i donīt know really

hmscott
09-18-2013, 08:59 PM
the pairing with an apple wireless keyboard...

Did you get a chance to try the 2nd suggestion in my post #5 in this thread?

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Did you get a chance to try the 2nd suggestion in my post #5 in this thread?

yes my friend, it was the first thing, iīm trying and trying, and canīt get that pairing code window open...

hmscott
09-18-2013, 09:27 PM
yes my friend, it was the first thing, iīm trying and trying, and canīt get that pairing code window open...

I tried a bunch of wireless keyboards with built in trackpad / trackball - and settled on this one - it comes with it's own USB device for connectivity - it never fails and always connects - it even works with BIOS as it doesn't require an OS driver - the USB device emulates a USB keyboard/mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r?crid=26

There is a larger version, I haven't tried it yet:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-all-in-onekeyboard-tk820?crid=26

The k400r is small enough to carry in my backpack, and it has a power switch on the top right that makes it easy to disable before packing away. The only drawback for fast typing is the small right Shift key, but after a while I got used to it.

Al_Jourgensen
09-18-2013, 10:02 PM
I tried a bunch of wireless keyboards with built in trackpad / trackball - and settled on this one - it comes with it's own USB device for connectivity - it never fails and always connects - it even works with BIOS as it doesn't require an OS driver - the USB device emulates a USB keyboard/mouse:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r?crid=26

There is a larger version, I haven't tried it yet:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-all-in-onekeyboard-tk820?crid=26

The k400r is small enough to carry in my backpack, and it has a power switch on the top right that makes it easy to disable before packing away. The only drawback for fast typing is the small right Shift key, but after a while I got used to it.

hello and thank you for the help

i installed the above, bouth, but says, it doesnīt have a wireless receiver conected

i donīt know...

But thank you for your concern and patience, because i have my mind lost in this, itīs the only thing that is missing, the rest, is everything ok...itīs a shame....this keyboard is the best, the apple one, and why does he worked on a M50VN?, is this that i donīt understand.

i had a situation with that M50VN, Bluetooth, has deactivetd, and i had to bought a wireless adapter "Trust 2.0 Generic Bluetooth radio", worked like a charme, in this notebook, i even try to disconect the notebook Bluetooth, turning him of, and put that "Trust Receiver", but it gives me a (Code 10) error, and i canīt try that, i tried to find a generic Bluetooth driver, but nothing either, this is gonna cost me a lot, i have to buy a new keyboard...should i give up?

i donīt understand.....the problem with the Nvidia software, was another headake, doesnīt find the graphic card, when it shows in the device manager, that it is ok, and that the Nvidia control panel, also works...only the beta driver worked, but i had solved this because, Nvidia suport give me a Beta version, now, Portugal Asus - no Answer, Asus online cha - Doesnīt give suport, Apple - doesnīt give suport, vendor ~ doesnīt give suport, but they have this dispute, that i humbly donīt understand.........and dont even understand, how so na advanced laptop, give so much headakes.......

itīs the only thing that i need my friend, sorry i have to let it out

Thank you very much really for your concern, but still need help...nothing seems to work on this notebook...they only think in the basic needs, and not the advanced oneīs, they only think for the things they care, and that give them Money....of course...

hmscott
09-19-2013, 05:59 AM
hello and thank you for the help
i installed the above, bouth, but says, it doesnīt have a wireless receiver conected...

Al, the links to the Logitech Keyboards were suggestions on alternatives to the Apple Keyboard, not a suggestion to install their drivers :)

Those keyboards use a USB transceiver instead of Bluetooth. It is a small USB dongle that includes all the circuitry for keeping the wireless connection to the keyboard and emulating a USB Keyboard/mouse to the laptop. It runs all the time even without the OS running, or bluetooth on.

Al_Jourgensen
09-19-2013, 08:08 AM
ok sorry, i was thinking other thing, by the way, i encounter other issue, i left my notebook on, because i was downloading something, and this morning, when i get back to it, and touch it, the screen start flashing, turning on and of, i was seeing windows, running ok, but the flashes wont stop, i had to put the system down, and reboot, and everything was normal again.

Do you know anything about this happening?

P.S. - i installed a new beta version of Nvidia drivers, i donīt know if it was because of that.

thank you again, for your patience

hmscott
09-19-2013, 08:57 AM
i left my notebook on, because i was downloading something, and this morning, when i get back to it, and touch it, the screen start flashing, turning on and of, i was seeing windows, running ok, but the flashes wont stop, i had to put the system down, and reboot, and everything was normal again.
Do you know anything about this happening?

It sounds like your laptop slept, and you woke it up when you touched the touch pad or keyboard. What else were you running? A game, video player, or streaming video web page might do that.

Instead of rebooting next time, try to quit the applications 1 by 1 until the screen resets stop happening, then you will know which app doesn't like to be put to sleep.

You can change the settings for your Power profile in the Power Options Control Panel.

I disable sleep, dimming, and turning off the display.

If you want the laptop to sleep after a period of time, but some of your apps don't like being put to sleep, and cause problems when waking up, try using hibernation instead.

Al_Jourgensen
09-19-2013, 11:34 AM
It sounds like your laptop slept, and you woke it up when you touched the touch pad or keyboard. What else were you running? A game, video player, or streaming video web page might do that.

Instead of rebooting next time, try to quit the applications 1 by 1 until the screen resets stop happening, then you will know which app doesn't like to be put to sleep.

You can change the settings for your Power profile in the Power Options Control Panel.

I disable sleep, dimming, and turning off the display.

If you want the laptop to sleep after a period of time, but some of your apps don't like being put to sleep, and cause problems when waking up, try using hibernation instead.

hello my friend

i only had utorrent connected, nothing more, but the flashing only appears, when i touch it, then it stayed off, like, touch ON/OFF, but i barely see the applications, no time between flashes, try ctrl + alt + delete, and nothing happen, i had to put the system down.
in my options i only have to turn of monitor, but it never happened to me, i donīt know, but i think is this new beta driver, iīm going to install the other one, a let him turn on for a while, and see what happens

i leave feed has soon has i do it

thank you again, for your magnificent attention and patience my friend.

Al_Jourgensen
10-06-2013, 08:07 PM
ok i just have solved the flashing problem when the notebook enters in hibernation, Windows needs a system repair to have sucess on this.

regarding the apple keyboard, ok final i have done it, but....

i need disable Bluetooth of Windows 8, get a usb Bluetooth periferal 2.0, here Windows try to install it with erros, and the 2.0 seems not to work in Windows 8, But i bought a 2.0 "Trust" usb, found the drivers in "Trust" website, install them, at the 1st try the driver give me an error, but then i restrt, i install it again, and was fine, at the first attemp, he pair the keyboard with no problema

So i guess the answers are, in the Bluetooth software, lower versions of periferalīs like this one, i donīt know why, but he doesnīt recognize it.

Thank you all for your answers, i did this with sucess

hmscott
10-07-2013, 12:20 AM
ok i just have solved the flashing problem when the notebook enters in hibernation, Windows needs a system repair to have sucess on this.

regarding the apple keyboard, ok final i have done it, but....

i need disable Bluetooth of Windows 8, get a usb Bluetooth periferal 2.0, here Windows try to install it with erros, and the 2.0 seems not to work in Windows 8, But i bought a 2.0 "Trust" usb, found the drivers in "Trust" website, install them, at the 1st try the driver give me an error, but then i restrt, i install it again, and was fine, at the first attemp, he pair the keyboard with no problema

So i guess the answers are, in the Bluetooth software, lower versions of periferalīs like this one, i donīt know why, but he doesnīt recognize it.

Thank you all for your answers, i did this with sucess

Excellent on both fixes :)

It has been a while since I have had to use a BT dongle to provide BT function 2.0 over 1.0, good idea to try that on the G750 to get legacy compatibility :)

Hibernation is another thing I have dropped since the system boots in 1-2 seconds on SSD now, I save the system storage space (equal to size of memory!) of the Hibernation file. And, sleep isn't something I use much either - I use session savors for browsers, and many of the tools / applications I use maintain state over sessions. A of programs don't like coming back from sleep - it is one of the remaining problematic parts of Windows that just keeps being a problem.

In Windows 8 I have had more instances of needing to do system repairs, disk checks at boot, than I have had under WIndows 7. Not surprised you got bit by that too. I am hoping many of those issues get resolved in Windows 8.1 I actually have gotten corrupted installs in Windows 8 unlike rarely in WIndows 7.

Happy to hear you got to the root cause and found a solution to all of your problems :)