PDA

View Full Version : G750JX - keyboard backlit auto dim [solved with atk driver]

Jeracan
09-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Hiya all :)

My asus G750JX and it's keyboard and backlit functions is auto-dimming all the time. If I want the backlit (white lights) alwyas on is that possible and how do I do that?

Jeracan
09-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Timed it and it takes 60 sec before the keyboard lights turn off

Jeracan
09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
no one knows? or is it only a problem on my end?

Jeracan
09-16-2013, 07:42 PM
ok let me ask this, everyone with a G750 model, if you dont touch the keyboard for 60 sec.... does the backlit dim down (lights turn off) ?

kingfish
09-16-2013, 08:14 PM
mine not, even for long hours.

Jeracan
09-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the reply :) Does it have to do with the Asus Power4Gear Hybrid tool ? Just wonder how I can controll this at my desire.

I have the G750JX maybe it's only this version that has this build in...

Pitcher@asus
09-17-2013, 06:57 AM
i think it will always ligh, how is your setting at power4gear? set to high performance?

villiansv
09-17-2013, 07:03 AM
Mine turns off after 1 minute of not touching it. No power4gear installed.

hmscott
09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
My asus G750JX and it's keyboard and backlit functions is auto-dimming all the time. If I want the backlit (white lights) alwyas on is that possible and how do I do that?

Jeracan, my keyboard light stays on all the time - so I keep it turned off via Fn-F3 and turn it on when I need it Fn-F4 - It doesn't time out - just tested it again.

While looking for the new BIOS for the JX to fix the low speeds under battery (JW has BIOS 208 that fixes it), I noticed that the JH BIOS 204 says:

" Version 204
Description BIOS 204
Fix that Keyboard light will fade out after a while in AC mode"

You should not flash a BIOS from another laptop model, even another G750, as they are unique to the hardware config for the laptop.

Check your BIOS version on the JX and see if you have the newest version: 207 and if not upgrade to JX 207 BIOS and see if it fixes the back-light timeout.

Or, you could wait for the next version of the BIOS for the JX that fixes the low speed while on battery issue.

hmscott
09-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Now that I have watched it for a while, it is dimming and turning off after a while, I don't have the timing nailed down yet - but when I use the trackpad or start typing it turns back on. I use a wireless keyboard/trackpad so I can work set back from the laptop, and hitting the shift key brings the laptop keyboard back light back up/on.

Jeracan
09-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Jeracan, my keyboard light stays on all the time - so I keep it turned off via Fn-F3 and turn it on when I need it Fn-F4 - It doesn't time out - just tested it again.

While looking for the new BIOS for the JX to fix the low speeds under battery (JW has BIOS 208 that fixes it), I noticed that the JH BIOS 204 says:

" Version 204
Description BIOS 204
Fix that Keyboard light will fade out after a while in AC mode"

You should not flash a BIOS from another laptop model, even another G750, as they are unique to the hardware config for the laptop.

Check your BIOS version on the JX and see if you have the newest version: 207 and if not upgrade to JX 207 BIOS and see if it fixes the back-light timeout.

Or, you could wait for the next version of the BIOS for the JX that fixes the low speed while on battery issue.

Thanls for the headsup! And sorry for the late reply...(GTA V ehm :P ) ....anyway, I will check my bios version tomorrow, and tbh, if the bios update info states it's a fix for the backlit and the coming fix for low ghz under battery I can wait a bit more. The backlit on keyboard isn't a big issue, it's just nice to being able to have it on 100% when I feel like :)

Yeah I will be 110% sure to get the correct bios for my JX version before I anything. So again all thanks for the reply's :D Extremly happy with my G750JX and even better with the SSD I just recently installed. Boot's in just a few seconds :)

CHEERS!! :D

DeltaActual
09-17-2013, 09:28 PM
uninstall your ATKACPI driver , cause you prolly have 1.0.0030, and install Version V1.0.0028. That will fix it.

Jeracan
09-17-2013, 09:35 PM
uninstall your ATKACPI driver , cause you prolly have 1.0.0030, and install Version V1.0.0028. That will fix it.

ATKACPI driver ? Not sure what this is, or where I can uinstall it. What does it do and will removing fix the backlit you say?

DeltaActual
09-17-2013, 09:54 PM
go to add/remove programs, find ATK package ,check version, if it ends with 30 - uninstall it. Get 100028 from here http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/#support_Download_36 it's under utilities

hmscott
09-18-2013, 07:24 PM
go to add/remove programs, find ATK package ,check version, if it ends with 30 - uninstall it. Get 100028 from here http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/#support_Download_36 it's under utilities

It looks like backing up to version 100028 keeps the backlight on all the time. At least I haven't noticed it dim, or brighten after I start typing again after a long idle time.

Now I am not so sure I want the light on that bright all the time :)

I think I am going back to the newer 100030 version.

DeltaActual
09-18-2013, 09:03 PM
It looks like backing up to version 100028 keeps the backlight on all the time. At least I haven't noticed it dim, or brighten after I start typing again after a long idle time.

Now I am not so sure I want the light on that bright all the time :)

I think I am going back to the newer 100030 version.

Jeee, it's hard to make you happy ,folks...

hmscott
09-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Jeee, it's hard to make you happy ,folks...

Thanks for trying DeltaActual, it was worth seeing the difference :)

Jeracan
09-19-2013, 04:18 PM

THANKS!!! :D Now it's on all the time if I want to! :)

Btw, What does the AKT package actually do?/include ?

Druker
04-08-2015, 01:52 AM
If you wait another three years or so, you'll get a reply to your question. My backlight will not go out for about a minute and am not sure as to why. Yeseternight, it would go off after about 5 seconds of not touching the keyboard or not moving the mouse. Beats me as to why it's taking so long to dim now and to get a reply is not an easy thing on this forum. Let's hear it for all those who are not responding!

Doctor Who
07-27-2015, 10:47 PM
I have a G751-DB73X notebook and am wanting to have my backlit keyboard stay on as well...the 60 sec time out is bothersome to me and sometimes rather frustrating.

My question here is: Am I able to safely use the older version of the ATKACPI driver V1.0.0028 for my current system...even though this was a ATK driver for the G750JX notebook?

I am concerned if I use this version I may not be able to use certain functions for my current system or that there may be other issues that could occur.

Otherwise is there anyway to edit these drivers to work properly for my current system...or edit the currently ATK Version V1.0.0038 used in my system?

Thank you for your help and/or responses in advance.