PDA

View Full Version : G750jx Windows 8 Clean install

Kalata
09-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Hey can somebody help me how i can re install windows 8 step by step ? I want again to be legit from the BIOS key ? I know that i will need windows 8 single language but in the torrents i can find just windows 8.1 single language is it gonna work ?

Is it any specific order to install the drivers for my Laptop or doesnt matter ?

Thank you very much for the help :) i am doing that because i buy before few days 840 PRO ssd and i want to put the OS there :)

Al_Jourgensen
09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Hello

i have done that, but be careful, with the recovery partitions, do not touch them, because there, is your original windows that accepts the key that comes with the your notebook, i advise to make a recovery of those drives only, and then if you want to install a clean copy of windows do it, because if you do that (install windows from a boot disc), itīs going to substitute, the original one that came with your notebook, and then the key that comes with the notebook, will not work, only the one that came, with the windows that you have installed.so backup the recovery partitions first.

if you want to install the windows again that comes with your notebook, on restart, just press F9, a blue screen appear, with the option, restore my pc, the 2nd option from the menu, from there, you can choose, recover everything, like it came from factory, only in c: partition, or a full recovery in all drives, but if you do this, the notebook only makes a recovery, like it came from the factory.

the drivers donīt have a specific order, you can install them like VGA first, Intel second, audio 3rd, etc., but i advise to install nvidia, and intel drivers first.
but if you do the "F9" thing, it will install the drivers that are in your "red" disc, that come with your notebook automatic. if you put that red disc, only in a clean windows 8 install, without "F9", you only need that disc to install the drivers, it will install them automatic any way

the language that you need can be download, from windows update, or you can search in Microsoft web page, the language pack that you need, and install it, just google (language pack "name of the language that you need" windows 8)

hope it helps

Kalata
09-16-2013, 07:53 PM
But how to delete my old windows that is on the HDD i want to be just in the SSD ? I was going to take out the hdd from th notebook and than instal it on the SSD. then i was planing to format my HDD by my desctop PC with eSata connection and format the HDD . what you think if i just copy Recovery partitition on my SSD before removing the HDD

Draetor24
09-16-2013, 08:54 PM
You do not need a recovery partition anymore for Windows 8 Asus laptops. Download Asus Backtracker and use a 16GB USB key to make a "factory state" backup on that USB. That is your recovery partition. It'll clean up and save space on your SSD.

I myself don't even like the factory image because of it's bloatware, but I'm still using Asus Backtracker to do this, in case of an emergency. Just make sure to run Asus Backtracker on the laptop in question, as it might have details specific to that model.

Clintlgm
09-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Check out this thread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&p=220232#poststop) its in the stickys on the G75 G55 forum applies to the G750 also drivers will be different but protocols are the same

Al_Jourgensen
09-17-2013, 10:30 AM
hello community,

for the portuguese version of win8.1 single language can i use this one (https://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8898610/MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.RTM.X86.PORTUGUESE.DVD-WZT) but choosing the 64bit version

Thank you in advance