PDA

View Full Version : Computer won't start or go past disk check...

scottyb123
09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I have the ASUS G75VX-BHI7N11 which I bought in February of this year(2013) and it just started running really slow one day and within an hour it wouldn't do anything. Tried restarting it and it wouldn't go past a blank black screen.

Clintlgm
09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Sounds as if you Notebook died! Have you tried using a external monitor? What updates had you recently installed, did you just update your BIOS?
you need to change the color of your fonts in your signature the blue on this black back ground I can't read anything but the title.

scottyb123
09-17-2013, 03:51 AM
Sounds as if you Notebook died! Have you tried using a external monitor? What updates had you recently installed, did you just update your BIOS?
you need to change the color of your fonts in your signature the blue on this black back ground I can't read anything but the title.

Well it says it can't repair the system and it'll get stuck at the ROG logo but when I got the blue screen is said log file C:\Windows\Sustem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Pitcher@asus
09-17-2013, 05:35 AM
try press F9 to restore you system.

scottyb123
09-17-2013, 08:23 AM
try press F9 to restore you system.

Well one I don't have the recovery disk and two it won't make it to the restore screen...

scottyb123
09-20-2013, 11:31 AM
I think it's a hard drive crash anyone else have any opinions?

Apexing
09-23-2013, 07:04 AM
I agree I think your HDD is dead or damaged, would it be possible for you to yank it out and hook it up to a desktop ?
or do you perhaps have an external hdd which you can make bootable+windows installer on it, that way you can try and boot directly to the external hdd, see if it will load and try and run the repair tool from it.
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/ if its for windows 7
http://www.guidingtech.com/10026/create-bootable-windows-8-usb-drive-iso-image/ for windows 8