PDA

View Full Version : G750 Wifi Problem

Str4te
09-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Sometimes when i power on my G750 it wont find any wifi. Though i know there is alot of them around. i need to restart it several tmes and then suddanly it works again.

annybody knows what can be causing this?

UnfairAwesomeness
09-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Try disabling it, restarting, and re-enabling it. I just had that problem just a few minutes ago. I think it is from losing a wifi connection. Maybe it is a driver issue? (did it to me on most recent driver revision)

Jeracan
09-16-2013, 09:48 PM
I had the same issue on my JV, returned it back and got another model (jx) and wi-fi seems to be working fine now. Problem with it was the computer totaly froze on me and wasn't able to do anyhing.

Maxter
09-16-2013, 10:29 PM
New driver came out today for the G750JW. See if it works. Mine only has issues trying to connect to my university network Just gotta force it everytime. At home, works like a charm.

Cjdean
09-17-2013, 12:59 AM
I have a JX (not from Best Buy) and Ive had problem with disconnects on Wifi from the start. It will randomly disconnect and then reconnect after a while or I can manually reconnect. I have run trouble shooter on it but it only says "hey, you aren't connected!... ok, your connected now, problem solved" until it does it again later. Updating to the latest drivers didn't help, either, but if new ones came out today I'll check them out.

It's not my Wifi access points fault either. I have a Asus N-66 AC (im connecting with 2.4g but the same problems happen with AC as well.) None of my other devices or laptops suffer from disconnects.

This problem has been happening to a lot of other people but I have never seen anyone from Asus address this, other than to say "install the latest drivers!" which doesn't help.

Str4te
09-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Now my computer frooze on start up and i have the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Clean install og return?

hmscott
09-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Now my computer frooze on start up and i have the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Clean install og return?

Which one? There are several feedback parameters that indicate the area/specific failure.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557321%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

If you are going to send it back anyway, it might be worth doing the F9 reload... or if you can get it to boot in safe mode you can use Windows Refresh/reload (independent of Asus reload)

Maxter
09-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Well, I installed the new G750JW update for the WiFi. Now, it doesn't stutter and connects WAY faster and more stable. Seems they keep giving the JW updates non-stop. They are forgetting about the other variants (many of the drivers are interchangeable, however. The computers are not THAT different in terms of hardware). I am running JH audio drivers (much better).

cosmicmango
09-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, I installed the new G750JW update for the WiFi. Now, it doesn't stutter and connects WAY faster and more stable. Seems they keep giving the JW updates non-stop. They are forgetting about the other variants (many of the drivers are interchangeable, however. The computers are not THAT different in terms of hardware). I am running JH audio drivers (much better).

There was a new Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver for G750JX released yesterday 9/16/13, have a look here:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JX