PDA

View Full Version : G53SW lags when I play pockie ninja or any flash games! and about screen resolution

mamote
08-27-2011, 07:52 AM
G53SW lags when I play pockie ninja or any flash games!

Hi All,

I just want to ask for some help because my laptop is lagging too much by just playing any flash games I'm tried using firefox and google chrome on playing pockie ninja to be exact.

do you guys know any tweaks or settings that I should do to solve this problem?

Btw I just bought this laptop a month ago here in Qatar and I was wondering if I was ripped off because the LCD screen is only around 1300 x 750 or something and all the other models the I read on this forum is like 1920 x 1080 resolution.?

Thanks! :)

Cyrekk
08-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Did you by any chance happen to reformat the machine and reinstall windows?

mamote
08-27-2011, 08:17 AM
yes I did I changed it to windows 7 ultimate... any suggestion on what should I do??

Cyrekk
08-27-2011, 08:23 AM
I would ensure that you have all the most recent up to date drivers installed before doing anything else. If your max resolution is below native, then you are at the very least missing your DA driver. This is assuming of course that you have the legit notebook and not a rip off, but for now we will go on the assumption that you are working with the real deal here.

So get all the drivers up to date for your machine and see if your problems persist, then let us know how it goes so we can move forward from there.

mamote
08-27-2011, 07:26 PM
the native resolution is only 1366 x 768 its got nothing to do with the driver i guess....maybe before the guys selling this model changed the screen before selling it or something?? or are there models of g53sw with this type of screen resolution?...

anyway dude...any other suggestion on how to tweak or something to make running flash games faster on this laptop??

Btw I always put firefox on safe mode because it runs slow if i dont on what ever task I do with firefox.. any clues why??

Thanks!

Cyrekk
08-28-2011, 12:15 AM
...Where does it say that is your native resolution?

mamote
08-28-2011, 01:42 AM
on the desktop I press right click > screen resolution and that's it there's also only 4 resolution settings 1366 x 768, 1280 x 720, 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600... are there any other models of g53sw with this type of monitor??

Cyrekk
08-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Forgive me if I am assuming too much, but your proper resolutions will not show up in your display options if you haven't installed your drivers for the display adapter. Can you confirm that you have the proper and up to date drivers installed for your notebook? Also make sure that windows update has done it's thing to the max, I have had driver updates fail in the past because of neglecting windows update!

mamote
08-29-2011, 12:22 PM
what are you assuming dude?
I just finished updating windows.
what it says as its native resolution even before I changed the OS to Ultimate.... If I go to nVidia control panel that's what it also says.
is there something I'm missing here? I think that really is the max resolution I just asked if I've been ripped off b'coz most of the threads here that I see they have 1920 x 1080 and why do I only have a 1366 x 768 monitor.

And if so what can I do about it send it back to where I purchased it?? any suggestions?

BTW I feel like that the game I play (pockie ninja) improved when I updated my graphics card.

and also thanks for your time on replying to me I really appreciate it.

xeromist
08-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Just out of curiousity does the Flash performance differ in Internet Explorer? I don't normally use it either but it's a decent test when you have problems. Another thing that sometimes helps is to go into the browser's configuration settings and disable hardware acceleration. In the case of a mobile setup you may not want to use the hardware acceleration unlike a desktop computer. It's worth a try.

You should be able to tell if you are working at native resolution or not, regardless of what the display properties says. Native resolution is perfectly crisp and lower res is noticeably fuzzy. If 1366 x 768 and 1280 x 720 both have the same amount of fuzziness to them then 1366x768 is not your native. If 1366x768 is perfectly crisp then that is the panel's native res.

Cyrekk
08-31-2011, 04:06 AM
I was assuming that you did not know that your proper resolution may not show if your drivers aren't properly installed. But not knowing if that were true, I apologized in advance if you already knew that. Xeromist makes a good point about running non native resolutions on a digital display, if you don't see fuzziness, you would at least see some odd jaggies or disproportionate lines on fonts (assuming you aren't running at a non native resolution that factors four-fold to your native).

mamote
09-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reply xeromist/Cyrekk

it didn't change a thing at that time I needed it to run on no add-ons for Internet explorer to run good just like in firefox I needed it on safe mode for pokie ninja to run nicely. i haven't tried removing hardware acceleration.. Ill try it next time if it doen't run properly anymore but right now its ok.

for the monitor res. I don't notice a big change if I change it from 1366 x 768 to 1280 x 720....

I was just asking about it because most of the topics/threads I see about g53sw they all seem to have 1920 x 1080 and I don't know why I only got a 1366 x 768 one...that's my only frustration now with this laptop..

and Btw the 3d glasses that came with the laptop just stopped working.
I was going to play an online game (Dragon Nest) yesterday and the thing just went dead even after I charged it for some time or even when it was plugged in...Can I get it changed from the shop where i buy the laptop?? geeez well thats for another thread.

thanks!

manu72
09-05-2011, 03:11 PM
... go into the browser's configuration settings and disable hardware acceleration.

Have you tried that? I found out that i get all sort of lags if I enable hardware acceleration (GPU Rendering) in IE9, including flash games lagging or even youtube clips lagging badly

mamote
09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
@manu72

I forgot to try it on my laptop I'll try it later..thanks for the advice. I've tried it on yhe computer I'm using on my job it didn't make any difference but pockie ninja runs fine here even without adjusting those settings.

mamote
09-07-2011, 04:46 PM
just an update I couldn't disable or reduce the settings for the hardware acceleration....its grayed out i've read other topics about this the settings for hardware acceleration being grayed out (cannot be clicked) and they don't have an answer as well...any thoughts??

n3tninja
07-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I think your laptop has been infected by the apple virus. All flash applications will perform crappy now.

Btw hello! I have the 1366x768 Resolution'd Asus g53. No one ripped you off, its completely normal. ASUS have 2 models of the G53, the 1366x768 version and the 1920x1080 version.

Update flash from the flash website and not that crappy Windows update piece of annoyance. Try google Chrome for flashed based stuff.

Btw, hellow from Dubai :D !