PDA

View Full Version : WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on startup

Str4te
09-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Just tried to boot up my G750 but it froze. i held the power botton to restart and it worked.
though this night it did the same and when i restartet it it came up the this error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
i wont start up and it cant start from a restore point s;
do i have to get a new one got it only one week ago?

hmscott
09-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Just tried to boot up my G750 but it froze. i held the power botton to restart and it worked.
though this night it did the same and when i restartet it it came up the this error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
i wont start up and it cant start from a restore point s;
do i have to get a new one got it only one week ago?
Now my computer frooze on start up and i have the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Clean install og return?

Which one? There are several feedback parameters that indicate the area/specific failure.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557321%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

If you are going to send it back anyway, it might be worth doing the F9 reload... or if you can get it to boot in safe mode you can use Windows Refresh/reload (independent of Asus reload)

Str4te
09-17-2013, 06:39 PM
it didnt say annything but the: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

no numbers s;

i will try (:

hmscott
09-17-2013, 06:53 PM
You might be able to see the error parameters in the Windows System log, if you can boot under SafeMode.

Did you work under the cover, put in new memory / disk? Something might not be seated well.

FYI, you should never power off a Windows machine with the power button - unless you set the power button to shutdown/sleep/hibernate - always use the Windows shutdown/reboot - give the machine time to sync the data to the disk before powering off.

Str4te
09-17-2013, 07:12 PM
it is totally stock i have removed some bloatware..

i didn't know how else to power it off. it froze s;

cant get into safe mode it fails nomatter what s;

Str4te
09-17-2013, 07:14 PM
it even frezes on the bcod it have been sitting there for half an hour whit no progress from 0%

hmscott
09-17-2013, 07:40 PM
it even frezes on the bcod it have been sitting there for half an hour whit no progress from 0%

You could build another boot drive, boot on a LiveDVD/usb drive, something to determine if it is a hardware problem or just a blown Windows installation.

At this point you could call the place you got it and see if they can help - or replace it - give them a chance to help you get it fixed before returning it.

By "bcod" do you mean BSOD, Blue screen of death? If you built a recover DVD set you could use that, or download a WIndows 8 iso and try to boot on it to do a Windows repair.

It's pretty unusual for this to happen, it is probably hardware if you didn't play around with the install - or powered it off too many times without letting the data sync to disk at shutdown causing corruption to system files.

Str4te
09-18-2013, 05:49 AM
i took the batterri out overnight and this morning it asked to make a repair were it would remove all my programs but not my personal files. i gave the permission and half an hour later when i fired it up all my things were still there and it is working like a charm.. don't know what to think about it s;

hmscott
09-18-2013, 09:17 AM
i took the batterri out overnight and this morning it asked to make a repair were it would remove all my programs but not my personal files. i gave the permission and half an hour later when i fired it up all my things were still there and it is working like a charm.. don't know what to think about it s;

Good news. Windows tried a disk repair, ran into too much uncorrectable corruption, and asked you if it could do an OS refresh, which was one of the options to try if you could have booted into Windows somehow.

Now would be a good time to create the recovery DVD / USB drive, or clone the drive to another drive as a backup.