PDA

View Full Version : G750JX CV050H without CD installer

kingfish
09-17-2013, 07:14 PM
is this possible, i bought my G750 just recently and without the installation cd. any one have same experience? BTW im in dubai.

thanks

hmscott
09-17-2013, 07:46 PM
is this possible, i bought my G750 just recently and without the installation cd. any one have same experience? BTW im in dubai.
thanks

Yes, it is the way things are these days, few builds include a recovery DVD set with the computer. You have to order it from the company if you blow away the recovery partition or your disk dies such that you need the recovery DVD(s). You should have a driver DVD, it is shrink wrapped with a book/cardboard backing.

There are instructions on how to build recovery DVD and recovery USB drive - which you should do before mucking about with the install/partitions.

Or, you could do what I did, clone the original disk to an SSD and set the original disk aside in case I need it to clone another SSD/RAID in the future. That way I can swap in the original drive if I need to send the laptop in for repair, and I can keep my personal config with me.

Clintlgm
09-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Yes I agree with Hmscott, also you can download (http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=480&m=ASUS Backtracker&os=&hashedid=n/a)Asus Backtracker and create a restore Media to put your hard drive back to factory original. You can make your own Recovery DVD or USB Thumb drive which is the way to go.

Pitcher@asus
09-18-2013, 03:23 AM
i think asus will make cd anymore, it is bundle recover partitation in system, if you are not doing clean install or damage partition, if you want to restor OS, just press F9 at power on.

kingfish
09-18-2013, 07:42 PM
i check the box, i dont have even a single disk included. :( I'll check with the store tomorrow.

thanks for the info guys.

Ravage6652
09-19-2013, 06:18 AM
There is no install disk what there is tho is a partition on your drive to do the same thing you have to press F9 as you boot to get the option for it tho.

Also there is an option as well in windows to make a image copy and a recovery disk. First go to control panel, then system and security, then file history, then at the bottom left of the screen it says windows 7 file recovery and in there you can pick to make an image and a recovery disk.

You can google asus laptop factory reset to find pages of help as well

kingfish
09-19-2013, 11:52 AM
There is no install disk what there is tho is a partition on your drive to do the same thing you have to press F9 as you boot to get the option for it tho.

Also there is an option as well in windows to make a image copy and a recovery disk. First go to control panel, then system and security, then file history, then at the bottom left of the screen it says windows 7 file recovery and in there you can pick to make an image and a recovery disk.

You can google asus laptop factory reset to find pages of help as well

thanks much amigo :) ill check this one.