PDA

View Full Version : Leap Motion?

iweber95
09-19-2013, 02:21 PM
I thought I remembered ASUS claiming that all of their G750's would come with Leap Motion. Did I just misread?

ASUS has a whole tab dedicated to it on their G750 pages.

"Leap Motion gives you a fresh sense of fun

Completely contactless fully-body motion sensing lets you do more in the most instinctively natural manner. Your hands and body become the controller, with lifelike motions for a wide range of actions in a complete catalog of applications. This is the first time Leap Motion technology arrives on multimedia notebooks, using high-precision volumetric scanning with the built-in front-facing camera of N Series notebooks. It really does make a difference in your gaming and other fun applications, like fitness trainers."

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/

It's about halfway down under where it says "Incredible beauty."

So I'm just curious as to why ASUS thought it was necessary to put this on their page and not actually include the product.

Symho
09-19-2013, 03:42 PM
I thought I remembered ASUS claiming that all of their G750's would come with Leap Motion. Did I just misread?

ASUS has a whole tab dedicated to it on their G750 pages.

"Leap Motion gives you a fresh sense of fun

Completely contactless fully-body motion sensing lets you do more in the most instinctively natural manner. Your hands and body become the controller, with lifelike motions for a wide range of actions in a complete catalog of applications. This is the first time Leap Motion technology arrives on multimedia notebooks, using high-precision volumetric scanning with the built-in front-facing camera of N Series notebooks. It really does make a difference in your gaming and other fun applications, like fitness trainers."

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/

It's about halfway down under where it says "Incredible beauty."

So I'm just curious as to why ASUS thought it was necessary to put this on their page and not actually include the product.

It will be a optional... when I don't know!

Flea0
09-19-2013, 03:55 PM
it comes bundled with the g750 only in some countries.

iweber95
09-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Ah it looks kinda interesting I wish mine came with one

Prostar Computer
09-19-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't see said Leap Motion advertised anywhere in the OP link. I even attempted to find it through the browser's find feature. :(

hmscott
09-19-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't see said Leap Motion advertised anywhere in the OP link. I even attempted to find it through the browser's find feature. :(

Yup, I don't think any of the laptop vendors are shipping Leap Motion with their laptops yet. I see Asus and HP saying they are going to ship Leap Motion bundled, but I don't see it shipping yet.

Besides, it isn't like you can't add it on any time you want it. It isn't built in to the laptop like the 3D motion sensors.

Buy the Leap Motion Controller.
https://store.leapmotion.com/%28S%28gowl4orzbfhtxa3kge43tb5c%29%29/Pages/LeapSolution.aspx

Nillaz
09-19-2013, 05:56 PM

I vaguely remember seeing something about this earlier in the year, but I don't see any mention of Leap Motion in the OP's link either.