PDA

View Full Version : [Opinion] G73JW repair or G750jh

A1207P
09-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey everybody,

I would like to see your replies on the original post at http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37545-Opinion-G73JW-repair-or-G750jh since some of you probably used the G73JW in the past.

Two years and ten months ago I bought my G73JW and even though we had some problems it was me who ultimately betrayed him, due to possibly lack of thermal grease and a lot of dust the GTX 460M is currently damaged and possibly with no possible repair. I have two base options now:
A) Buy a compatible replacement card 420 euro (about 561 dollars), a new GTX 460M 670 euro (895 dollars) ;
B) Buy a G750JH with 3D screen.

It would take four weeks to get the card (I live in Portugal btw). What would you do? Also when is it expected to start appearing? Stores only have in stock the G750JX-T4048H, so I would have to order it but I guess it would take more than a week.

Side note: I will be spending between 12 to 20 hours a day in front of the screen.
Kind regards.

Prostar Computer
09-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Wow! Somebody has a high markup on that card... If those are your options, I think it's more viable to get a new system, though I have no ETA for you on release dates. We only recently got the JH here in the U.S.

A1207P
09-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Hey, one of their suppliers came up with a better proposal, 295 euro (407 dollar) with a 4 week delivery time (same as the other one) so I will most likely buy it and then buy the new model later this year when the spec that I want comes out, thinking about the g750jh 3d +ssd, is it possible to buy a model that is not available in your country and get the "correct" keyboard? Also, any idea when this version may come out?

Shawnnepc
09-23-2013, 08:10 PM
What's the return policy with the GPU seller? It's possible you might have other issues as well.

You'll have to find the nearest reseller to your country and contact them about the JH 3D. I know if any were released they're extremely scarce and Idon't think it'll even come out in the N.American market.

Hey, one of their suppliers came up with a better proposal, 295 euro (407 dollar) with a 4 week delivery time (same as the other one) so I will most likely buy it and then buy the new model later this year when the spec that I want comes out, thinking about the g750jh 3d +ssd, is it possible to buy a model that is not available in your country and get the "correct" keyboard? Also, any idea when this version may come out?