PDA

View Full Version : DAMN you ASUS where are the Windows 8.1 Drivers?!!?!?

Pitcher
09-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Windows 8.1 RTM has been out since weeks and it is the final version according to the MSDN hashes! I installed it but most of the drivers currently on the G750JX page are not compatible

Chipset Drivers
Bluetooth
MEI
WLAN
VGA

when the hell are you planning to update your outdated driver????????

Most OEMs have already released updated dirvers for Windows 8.1 support yet we have to wait for the mercy of the lazy ASUS drivers team to update the drivers!

nVIDIA is already on 327.23 and ASUS latest driver is 311.83 that is like 20 versions behind!

Someone send this message to the manager of ASUS I need Windows 8.1 drivers ASAP!

This is the last ASUS laptop I am buying and I will tell the whole world regarding your crappy driver support!

Myk SilentShadow
09-20-2013, 04:55 PM
They have until the 18th of October to have drivers available, when 8.1 is released. If you need the drivers that bad, why don't you hit the websites of the manufacturers of the stuff you need drivers for? oh and btw, check the attitude and rudeness or you'll find yourself at the end of a ban hammer soon enough.

Flea0
09-20-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm guessing, just guessing here, that the drivers will be released when windows 8.1 will be shipped in its final version.
Expecting drivers for a yet unreleased OS is naive at best since ASUS has no legal obligation to do so until G750s start shipping with 8.1 preinstalled. Everyone here agrees that they are slow with the video drivers but for everything else you shouldn't have expected anything until october.

Randomname
09-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I agree with Flea0 and SilentShadow, you shouldn't expect anything till the date when Asus ships their notebooks with preinstalled Windows 8.1
Or, at best till the release date of the 8.1 version.
Anyway, why didn't you check the Asus support website to see which drivers are out, or start a thread to see if someone knows anything about the drivers, if they are out, or not, before installing the beta version?
No one will start updating the drivers because of someone like you.
No one is at fault here except you.

Camain_DK
09-21-2013, 03:31 PM
This is the last ASUS laptop I am buying and I will tell the whole world regarding your crappy driver support!

With attitude like the above, please promise your statement will be true...

Why dont you whine bout drivers for Windows 9 or 10?? Those OS are just as "released" as 8.1.

I almost go as far as calling you an ungratefull *.*.* with that behavior..

When an OS i puclically released, then so are drivers, expect nothing else..

Regards

Jesper

Nodens
09-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Yes. RTM is the final version BUT RTM is not released yet to the public. It has been released to developers very very recently via MSDN/Technet/Dreamspark Premium programs ONLY. Release to the general public will happen at the end of October. If you have the RTM version you either have one of the subscriptions above (if you are a developer you would know all this though) or you downloaded it via a leaking site.

You can not expect ANY support prior to Microsoft's OFFICIAL release to the public. Not to mention that MS did not originally intend to release RTM to developers at all before official release and only recently released it to the above networks which means that only partners had it via the partner channels. This means that support for 8.1 in general will be SLOW.

ASUS does QA on the drivers they release on their download pages. That's why they are lagging behind the releases from the manufacturers/license holders. This will always be the case and it won't change. If you want latest drivers then do what we all do and download directly from the manufacturers.

Detleg
09-21-2013, 05:11 PM
lol Myke...i never seen a ban hammer got a pic?

Myk SilentShadow
09-21-2013, 06:20 PM

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/29043/BAN-HAMMER.jpg

;)

This one's for the Mods when they have to rid the Forums of spammers :D :cool:

http://www.rotaractorwiki.org/images/4/48/Flaming-ban-hammer.jpg

Nodens
09-21-2013, 06:48 PM
That would be Zygomorphic. He has banned thousands of spambots by hand!

Ravage6652
09-21-2013, 06:54 PM

This is usually the result after getting hit with a ban hammer

_
09-23-2013, 03:08 AM
Two things:

1) Drivers are created by the respective chipset manufacturers. We cannot expedite the process of their certification/updating and they also have to go through internal testing too.

2) When Windows 8.1 is publicly available we are obliged to post updated drivers. This has always been ASUS policy.

Pitcher
09-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Two things:

1) Drivers are created by the respective chipset manufacturers. We cannot expedite the process of their certification/updating and they also have to go through internal testing too.

2) When Windows 8.1 is publicly available we are obliged to post updated drivers. This has always been ASUS policy.

1) The drivers from the chipset manfacturers have been updated to support Windows 8.1 since 1 month

2) Fair enough, I will take your word on this and will post back if next month I do not see Windows 8.1 supported drivers but promise me you will help me put some pressure on the ASUS Drivers team to get them out once Windows 8.1 is out publicly if they forget

Cykon
09-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Welcome back to the forums Matrix Leader/Intel Dude/ibbi.

_
09-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome back to the forums Matrix Leader/Intel Dude/ibbi.

Berry Racer ..?

Anyway, they will be made available when they have passed certification.

Zygomorphic
09-24-2013, 10:11 AM
That would be Zygomorphic. He has banned thousands of spambots by hand!
LOL. That's true. I have banned/deleted more spam registrations than I have posts - even now. Love that Ban-hammer pic! Maybe a resized one suitable for the sig...