PDA

View Full Version : G750jx-t4059h

Ericio
09-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Hi all ROGs,

I just got this notebook sent from my family in Malaysia to Italy. I just found that I don't have the I don't want the recovery CD, the model sticker that supposed to be on the bottom right of the keyboard. The things that I found in the box are only power adapter, power cord, user manual, owner guide and 4 screws. After searching on the net I think that I supposed to have the recovery DVD, another booklet in blue and white also in the box. I got the box sealed with Asus once I got it.

Another thing is that where is the Leap Motion USB dongle and the 3D glassed or do we have to buy it separately?

Well, the last question is that, there are 2 HDD slot but which is for SSD? From the link below I found that there is a SSD cable connected to the motherboard but I have no idea which one is the SSD connection. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Preview-Asus-G750JX-Notebook.93319.0.html

cronik916
09-22-2013, 06:51 AM
I just got this notebook sent from my family in Malaysia to Italy. I just found that I don't have the I don't want the recovery CD, the model sticker that supposed to be on the bottom right of the keyboard. The things that I found in the box are only power adapter, power cord, user manual, owner guide and 4 screws. After searching on the net I think that I supposed to have the recovery DVD, another booklet in blue and white also in the box. I got the box sealed with Asus once I got it.

i got my 750 jw in usa from best buy and it had the same stuff u mention. 4 screws and a little like 2 page booklet with a power cable and power unit. i thought they left something out at the store but after reading online u dont even get a driver cd. everything is setup ready to go. and u can download all the drivers off asus.

Well, the last question is that, there are 2 HDD slot but which is for SSD? From the link below I found that there is a SSD cable connected to the motherboard but I have no idea which one is the SSD connection.

both work for ssd as u can put them in raid. i put my new samsung ssd 840 pro 256gb in the unused slot and booted up made sure it was in guid format and then shutdown and took out hdd and plugged it into the main slot and installed recovery windows off usb onto ssd then plugged hdd back in second slot and formatted and thats how i got it now. so in short the ssd was used fine in both slots. hope that helps cheers man.

Pitcher@asus
09-23-2013, 03:02 AM
i think asus have not provide recover CD, it is bundle in system, if need, try to press F9 when you power on.

Camain_DK
09-23-2013, 04:51 AM
No recovery, search the fora here for Asus Backtracker and you'll see how to back up the software yourself.
Unless you specific ordered a 3d model, no 3d is available. The lack of glasses tells me, that you didnt order a 3d model.
Leap Motion is comming, in later models.

SSD can go into any of the 2 slots.

Regards
Jesper

Ericio
09-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I got the replied from the reseller. From their demo unit is also without the recovery DVD and that has exactly what I have now but the funny thing is the demo unit got the G750J sticker on the bottom right of the keyboard but mine is just smooth without anything there.

I know I can download everything from their site but now I have no idea how to back up the recovery partition before I wipe the HDD completely and switch to 120GB SSD. And from the website I mentioned they do have a picture showing that there is a specific cable or slot is for SSD. That's what making me confuse about which should I use exactly. May I know how you did the recovery windows off USB? If I am not mistaken there are 2 recovery partition on the HDD. Thanks for your reply :o

Ericio
09-23-2013, 04:20 PM
i think asus have not provide recover CD, it is bundle in system, if need, try to press F9 when you power on.

Yeap, I know I can do that with F9 but I would like to move the recovery partitions to DVD or maybe USB and then completely wipe the HDD. Well, I am still new on Windows 8 and I have no idea which to choose after pressing the F9. :(

Ericio
09-23-2013, 04:23 PM
No recovery, search the fora here for Asus Backtracker and you'll see how to back up the software yourself.
Unless you specific ordered a 3d model, no 3d is available. The lack of glasses tells me, that you didnt order a 3d model.
Leap Motion is comming, in later models.

SSD can go into any of the 2 slots.

Regards
Jesper

Too bad, I thought the Leap Motion is coming with the G750 but seems like we have to buy it separately...Thanks I know both of the slot can fit the SSD or HDD, but from the website I mentioned show me that there should be a specific slot for SSD.

hmscott
09-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Too bad, I thought the Leap Motion is coming with the G750 but seems like we have to buy it separately...Thanks I know both of the slot can fit the SSD or HDD, but from the website I mentioned show me that there should be a specific slot for SSD.

SSD/HD both use SATA cables. If you are talking about this picture, for ease of identification for assembly they probably labeled one SSD to conveniently differentiate the 2 SATA cable's of different length - one is longer than the other.

The two G750's I have opened came with the SATA 0 drive in the corner edge bay, and that is what I think of as the SSD bay - it is where I eventually put my SSD.

I put the original drive aside for a time when I need to swap it in to check a problem, get service, or sell it. I also like to remove the power / heat load of the disk drive from the laptop if possible.

You can put the original disk in a USB 3.0 case if you want easy access to do another cloning in the future, or use the DATA partition for storage/backup.

Clone the original drive to a new SSD - all partitions including the recovery partition - or since you will have the original disk set aside for future reference, you could just clone the OS and C patritions, and expand the C drive to the rest of the SSD size.

There are a number of programs you can use to clone the disk, but I had best luck cloning the G750 drive to a smaller SSD using Macrium Reflect Free:
http://www.macrium.com/

Here is what my partitions look like on a Samsung 840 Pro 512GB. I got that drive a few months ago. If I were going to do it today I would likely get the Samsung Evo 1TB. It is bigger, that is the reason, it is a little slower, and has 2 fewer years warranty, but it is has more free storage :)

We are only now just seeing the G750JH in my area, and it will likely take longer to get the 3D screen version, if it is offered at all.

I have been very happy with both of the matte screens on my G750JW and G750JX, so I wouldn't rule out a matte screen.

If you focus on it, you can notice it, but I focus on the subject I am viewing through the screen. Some can do that easier than others, you need to look and decide what you can be happy with. Remember, you can change the focus point of your eyes, it isn't that tough, I don't notice the matte effect at all.

Winter.Wayne
11-05-2013, 02:07 AM
These days, all laptops that pre-installed with Window8 doesn't come with - Recovery Disc, they have their own brand software to back-up/recovery from their HDD.

Example like, Asus - Backtracker. Toshiba - Bios page.

masterofdisaster
04-23-2015, 08:21 AM
Hi Fellow ROG citizens,

I bought an SSD to upgrade my g750 jx and add up to my 1TB HDD. however when i plugged it in, the disk in the middle slot always appears to not work. i opened up the motherboard and this is what i found.

As the picture shows above, there is no SSD connector or port on my motherboard.

so what am i supposed to do now?

masterofdisaster
04-27-2015, 08:15 AM
helloooo?