PDA

View Full Version : G750 Chassis (Internal frame) material: ABS Plastic?

Antichus
09-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I am curious.

Pitcher@asus
09-23-2013, 02:52 AM
why do you want to know? meet any problem?

Randomname
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
why do you want to know? meet any problem?

While we are at the plastic part, not that I'm complaining, but my ASUS G750JH came with (I hope I can describe it properly) somehow wobbly plastic around the ASUS logo, that is, when I press the ASUS logo, or around it, somehow it there is a gap, basically, I can press it a few mm down, glue issues or?
The retailer said that all of their JH's came with plastic like, that, and obviously I asked for them to send me an unopened box, the box came a few days later to their store, and guess what, the same thing with the plastic around the logo.
Is this a common issue, or? :)

I know the thread is not related to my ASUS, just asking.
For any reply I'm grateful :)

Symho
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
I believe that the ROG series had target on performance and not on the quality.

Flea0
09-23-2013, 06:33 PM
well that is because the screen is flat but the lid isn't, of course there's a gap, especially in the middle of the lid. I guess they could have put some filler to make it more rigid but that would have added to the weight of the laptop.

Antichus
09-23-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm not badmouthing the quality. I'm just curious.

Dream
09-23-2013, 10:13 PM
My JX has the same space between the lid and screen, so, normal I guess.

I don't like it either, but, I don't think it's a big deal. The only time I encounter it is removing it from a carrying case.

Randomname
09-24-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm not complaining either, but when you think about it, it's a premium laptop ( ._.)
Meh, the notebook, flies when it comes to games, like I said, I ain't complaining :)
The thing that matters to me the most is performance, it's not like it came without a keyboard or touchpad xD