PDA

View Full Version : Can you plz Advise ?

IraqiNemesiS
09-23-2013, 01:12 AM
greetings:

I am planning to buy Asus G750jh series laptop, watched a lot of videos and sites on the specs of the DB71, Db72, and the QS seires.

My thing is that, i need a laptop that has a SSD, Nvidia GTX780, Core i7 4700HQ 4th Generation, and Supports 3D gaming and movies. especailly the 3D gaming and movies.

i googled some sites and heard that some support the 3D gaming and others not, according to the place like Eu, Canada, Us .. and etc., and now I'm really confused. It's all about the glossy screen and the matte ones.

Plus, Can I use the Nvidia 3D vision glasses on a matte screen one ??

Now I'm really confused, Especially I live in Iraq, no Asus stores in here, so i would pay +300$ just for shipping, and u know what would happen if I failed choosing the proper laptop.

I really appreciate your cooperation, especially if ur answers would have links with the purchasing site.

Thank u so much all in advance.

Randomname
09-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Ok, I'm no expert, but, when you see that a G750JH has a glossy screen in the description, then there is a high probability that it's a 3D version, and usually, they state that the laptop has a 3D screen :)
As far as I'm aware of, there are no G750's that have a matte screen and are 3D :)
Why don't you post the links where you want to buy the laptop and I'm sure someone will help you out :)

My honest opinion is that the 3D is better looking, but for the price difference, I wouldn't buy it, just only if you want one badly :)
I have a monitor that has 3D capabilities, and honestly, I don't use it very much, just once in a while, to watch movies and that sort of thing, it would be a complete waste of money if I wasn't using it as a 2nd monitor when gaming or multitasking :)
But then again, that is my opinion, and if you think that you will need a 3D glossy type, it's your choice :)

Cheers,
:)

Pierre990429
09-23-2013, 06:14 PM
G750JH + 3D screen seem difficult to find in most countries, unfortunately...

Randomname
09-24-2013, 07:11 PM
To my country, the first that came was the JX version with a 3D screen and 32Gb of RAM xD
After a few weeks, the stock version came of JX, and then the JH version with SSD and 24Gb of RAM, and only a few days ago the stock version of the JH :)
I know it's weird :)