PDA

View Full Version : G75 Screen ripple

razor313
09-23-2013, 05:14 AM
Hello. I noticed today for the first time that my screen ripples in one particular spot when I put pressure on the monitor and even the keyboard and the touchpad buttons. The rippling also happens if I gently shake the laptop. This rippling is the type like if you would press the lcd with your finger directly.
It only happens in that one particular spot which is about an inch in size, its near the bottom middle of the screen. Not on the edge. I always open the monitor by the corner and not touch the screen directly. The rippling is noticeable on a dark background, which is why only noticed it today after changing my wallpaper ��
Should I be concerned about this and opt for an lcd replacement while it is still under warranty? Or bare with it and if it gets worse look into replacing the screen?

Apexing
09-23-2013, 06:38 AM
I would deffo have it checked out while you still have a warrenty.
Nothing wrong with being cautionate :)
what area of the keyboard triggers it ?

Pitcher@asus
09-23-2013, 06:45 AM
can you post photo? if it is LCD problem, i think you will sent to service center. but i scare it will determine CID.

razor313
09-24-2013, 04:53 AM
I tried taking a photo of it but it can't be seen in a photo. Its not any particular area of the keyboard that triggers it, its the pressure exerted on the case. What I think happened was that in the summer heat these past months, the plastic covering the lcd has expanded or warped a tiny bit in that one particular spot and its pressing against the lcd. ��