PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: ARR on G750JH

Draetor24
09-25-2013, 04:12 AM
So finally got my RMA'd G750JH back after 1 month!

Anyway, I did a clean Windows 8.1 install and put in all the latest and greatest drivers and utilities that I like. I just started playing FFXIV on my old G73JH, and I was getting 20-30fps on the lowest settings, and scored 3k on the benchmark with max settings.

On my G750JH, I'm getting 60fps capped with MAX settings on everything @ 1920x1080, and 40-60 in congested city areas. I also scored 9290 on the benchmark with maximum settings (7000+ is considered extremely high).

Massive difference in performance lol.

I'm also using the newest WHQL Nvidia drivers (327.xx).

The sound seems more tingy and less bass compared to my old G73JH, but overall, it's decently loud and decent quality and better positional audio. I'm liking the anti-glare screen. The little bit of grain it has from the anti-glare coating makes gaming/movies look great, like a natural look with bright vibrant colors. My glossy screen made textures look more smoothed over, but in comparison, it made gaming more fake looking. Both are still good though, but anti-glare is a huge bonus.

jsarver
09-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Y did you have to Rma?

hmscott
09-25-2013, 04:39 AM
So finally got my RMA'd G750JH back after 1 month!

Anyway, I did a clean Windows 8.1 install and put in all the latest and greatest drivers and utilities that I like. I just started playing FFXIV on my old G73JH, and I was getting 20-30fps on the lowest settings, and scored 3k on the benchmark with max settings.

On my G750JH, I'm getting 60fps capped with MAX settings on everything @ 1920x1080, and 40-60 in congested city areas. I also scored 9290 on the benchmark with maximum settings (7000+ is considered extremely high).

Massive difference in performance lol.

I'm also using the newest WHQL Nvidia drivers (327.xx).

The sound seems more tingy and less bass compared to my old G73JH, but overall, it's decently loud and decent quality and better positional audio. I'm liking the anti-glare screen. The little bit of grain it has from the anti-glare coating makes gaming/movies look great, like a natural look with bright vibrant colors. My glossy screen made textures look more smoothed over, but in comparison, it made gaming more fake looking. Both are still good though, but anti-glare is a huge bonus.

I agree with the glossy vs matte assessment. Especially when I take a glossy screen out and I need to adjust the screen to avoid the overhead light glare. BTW, I have loved the laptops with Glossy screens I have owned, I only needed to take into account the potential for glare. I am looking forward to a Glossy 3D screen on the JH, if Asus ships one here.

Nice performance, you can probably get more out of the CPU/GPU, doing some light OC'ing :)

Nice to hear you got your RMA taken care of and are a happy G750jh owner.

Draetor24
09-25-2013, 05:42 PM
I had to rma due to my display not working, most likely a faulty cable connection.

I have no plans to OC. I only care about gaming quality, and stock should give enough fps for my needs.I