PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG GX950 keeps disconnecting during games

Chamber_ZA
09-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Hi All,

Got a weird error with my Asus ROG GX950 mouse (connected to Asus ROG G75VX laptop). For some reason, the mouse will periodically disconnect (I hear the USB disconnect/reconnect sound multiple times) while playing games. This will happen during normal Windows use as well, although not that often.
If I play games (BF3) with my work Microsoft USB mouse, this doesn't happen. Checked the Event Viewer and nothing shows up.
Reinstalled drivers, removed the mouse completely from Windows and then reinstalled, done an sfc.exe check on Windows (all fine), and reloaded the GX950 software...nothing has made a difference.
Has anybody here some across this before?

Thanks!

SHADO
09-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Could it be the wire going from the mouse to the laptop starting to go bad?

Pitcher@asus
09-27-2013, 02:55 AM
i check asus support site and type gx950, the driver only support win XP,Vista, 7,i think G75VX is win 8 system, so the driver is not fit. could you try install gaming mouse driver from G75VX product in touchpad at support site.

Chamber_ZA
09-29-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi,

Thanks guys...the GX950 actually does list Windows 8 as supported, so it can't be that. When checking the mouse section under Device Manager, a normal PS/2 mouse shows up with the Microsoft drivers...not Asus drivers. The Asus GX950 softugware detects the mouse though and I can configure it.
THought about the cable...not sure the guys in South Africa will swop it out as it was bought on Amazon's site.
Got another "funny" where my focus when typing shifts...by that I mean I can type here and "miraculously" I am typing at the beginning of the post and all is lost. Happens whenever I type. Could be a Windows 8 issue, so I will also try a repair of the OS. I'm finding Windows 8 VERY quirky!

So, to recap...GX950 IS supported on Windows 8, but no drivers load and the mouse is shown with the Microsoft drivers in Device Manager.

Thanks again!

Chamber_ZA
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM
...anyone???