PDA

View Full Version : Question to those who have replaced/changed the screen (G750JW or any).

Oryxx
09-26-2013, 04:46 PM
I currently have the G750JW, and having the lines issue I'm considering replacing the screen with a better quality one from screen country. (Tried all the fixes and lines still appear at times). Anyway how hard is the screen to change, and how much of the laptop do i need to disassemble? On screen country they had a tutorial for a different model and it appears you just need to remove the screws on the screen and it comes right out. Next, should I go with matte or gloss (I mostly game and watch movies). I have a G74SX with a glossy screen, both have pros and cons but it seems the glossy pulls ahead slightly. Just would like a bit of input.

tl;dr: How hard is replacing the screen and matte vs glossy screen.

On an off note, I was trying to find ram and the only 1.35v I could find was crucial (16GB for $132), if anyone knows of better let me know.

villiansv
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
You're asking for someone to admit to having voided their warranty :rolleyes: .

I've heard that it's not any different than any LCD replacement - e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLDBUnTg4rw should be all you need, the chassis being similar to the G750.

Pierre990429
09-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Too bad there isn't any sound here. Also, it isn't very clear concerning how the screen goes off once the screws are removed. (the video ends abruptly)
Are there only the 4 screws hidden behind the triangular rubber things at the corners to hold the bezel?
A picture tutorial would be nice.

villiansv
09-26-2013, 07:02 PM
You could just google for more G75VW (or other G75 models) videos, it's been around much longer. As for the procedure, it would be like any other laptop:
1. Reveal screws, usually hidden by rubber legs.
2. Unscrew said screws.
3. Pop the plastic bezel out. This is likely the hardest part, usually you stick your fingers under the inner edge of the bezel, and pull up/bend till it pops.
4. Unscrew the LCD (it may come off with a metal frame, or may not, depending on laptop model - unscrew the frame if applicable). Make sure you hold the LCD so it doesn't fall off and tear off its cable when removing last couple of screws.
5. Unplug the cable connector carefully, plug it in the new LCD.
6. Reassemble.

svansiclen
09-26-2013, 10:20 PM
This laptop is very sensitive to voltages. Don't do it.

Pitcher@asus
09-27-2013, 03:06 AM
i am not agree you dismatle by youself and asus can not make sure it is fit which you buy from other store.
also you will void warranty.