PDA

View Full Version : Ram upgrade help needed.

Brooks_Clark1234
09-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Maybe I can get a question answered if I bash it a little?! I need to know if a ASUS G73JH will work with 2 8GB sticks of memory while running Windows 7 Home 64 Bit. I know 16GB is the max for the OS but will the slots support 8GB

Praz
09-26-2013, 10:47 PM
The CPU supports a max of 8GB of memory so no 16GB is not going to work. The max amount of memory is also stated in the G73JH specs. And no I have not responded because you are rude and whining.

HiVizMan
09-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Crucial offer a free upgrade tool http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=G73Jh&Cat=RAM

It is not complex to use, you select the manufacturer, what type of product and then finally the model.

The tool then displays the results and as you can see there are no mention of the modules you are wishing to use. So if you do give it a try to upgrade you do so at your own risk.

I have changed the topic of the thread to reflect more accurately the content of the post. This is a family forum and there is never any need to resort to crude attention seeking behaviours on ROG. A pm would have pointed one of the mods or active members in the notebook area to your thread. Posts and threads do get missed due to the volume of traffic here.

Thread closed.