PDA

View Full Version : Fan Problem

Ergo
09-27-2013, 12:04 PM
One of the fans, in under 8-months of use, is already basically kaput, and since it is virtually impossible to dismantle the G75VW to get at the fan itself (to lube *or* replace) I am at my wit's end. Could *someone* please point me in the direction of some fan control app that will allow me to, if nothing else, *slow down* the offending fan?? It is *amazingly* loud. SpeedFan does not work, as it can't pick up the existence of the fans. I cannot find anyway to actually launch the FanXpert app which appears, in some fashion, to be on this computer.

HELP.

--------------

(Yes, I know: send it in for repair, however, I *need* the computer and can't be w/o it for 2-4 weeks while ASUS decides to fix something that SHOULD NOT BE BROKEN this early in its life.)

(Yes, I know: I don't want to turn down my fan speeds due to heat blahblahblah but, yes, I do. Now. It's driving me nuts.)

(Also: Thanks for nothing, ASUS. This will be the *last* time I purchase one of your products.)

(Also 2: Please, no lectures on my venting. Thank you.)

Clintlgm
09-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Well you seem to have answered you questions yourself. There is no software that will allow you to adjust fan speeds that is controlled by your CPU/GPU Temps! if your fans are running full speed all the time you must be having a temp problem? If you have a bad Fan you will need to replace it. Send for Repair? take to a repair station near you? discard your Warranty and replace the defective fan yourself search eBay for the part!
Here is a link that will show you how to get to the fan and more should you be having temp problems you'll need to repaste. G75 Disassembly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA)

As far as your vent goes your problem is not a common problem, **** happen you just have to deal with it. So sort it out and solve it, many here will help you anyway we can.

Ergo
09-28-2013, 01:27 AM
Thank you, even if you still felt the undying internet need to lecture someone who *fully* understands the problem, as noted in the OP.