PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Do not use nVIDIA Drivers!

Pitcher
09-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Pitcher@ Asus has always warned people on the forums not to use drivers other than the ones obtained from ASUS and I never knew why, the new drivers worked fine, or so it seems.

Today I formatted my laptop again and installed the latest nVIDIA Drivers 327.23 and they seem to have worked.

Only when I tried to enable 3D Vision from the nVIDIA Control Panel did I discover that they are not compatible with my laptop's 3D!

Instead of getting the usual 3D Setup screens that work fine, I got to choose what kind of glasses I have at the beginning which never happened before with the nVIDIA Drivers, I couldn't choose the 2 middle options neither wired nor wireless, so I tried the first option and last option which I am able to select, but the colors become funny when I choose them:

http://i40.tinypic.com/121g75g.png

I am back to the ASUS approved nVIDIA Drivers v9.18.13.1183

from now on I won't update drivers from the manufacturer source and will only stick to ASUS drivers

Pitcher
09-28-2013, 11:29 AM
nevermind, it was my mistake, I had the HDMI cable which is connected to my TV plugged in because when I installed the ASUS Drivers I got the exact same screen as above. Then I retried to unplug the HDMI cable and tried again and I got the normal 3D Vision setup