PDA

View Full Version : Speakers make "Pop" noise when computer is turned on, ASUS G750JX

Jaxione
09-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi!

Do you also get at "pop" noise from the speakers when the laptop is turned on or woken from power saving mode?

Br J

Pierre990429
09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Yes, my G750JH does the same. I think it happens when the speakers "initialize".

fab5yo
09-29-2013, 09:27 PM
yes mine too. when turn or open a internet browser in pops

jsarver
09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Had similar behavior at random times.

hmscott
09-30-2013, 01:29 AM
My JX doesn't do this, but I mute the speakers, and only un-mute when I want audio through the speakers - I usually have BT headphones on, but when I change the battery the audio will auto-switch to the speakers when the JX loses BT connection to the headphones - having the speakers on mute avoids a nasty loud noise from the JX.

Maybe that is why I have never heard the speakers pop.

But, then again, I don't hear any pops or any other odd noises switching between apps, browsing, waking from sleep, or powering on when I don't have the speakers muted.

I do hear the notification noise when booting when the BT headphones connect.

I have Windows Sounds set to None, if I could find where to turn off the BT connect notification sound I would do that as well.

I have the Windows boot sound disabled.

For Speaker Properties I have Loudness Equalization enabled (set from Playback devices => Speakers => Properties => Enhancements, or from Realtek systray => Sound Effects tab). I also have Enhancements => Immediate Mode set. And, in Advanced I have Studio 192000 sound and both Exclusive Mode boxes checked.

No bad noises so far, not even through the headphone jack with my Sony MDR-XB500 wired headphones. I haven't tried any earbuds.

Asus_Man
12-05-2013, 06:20 AM
yes mine too. when turn or open a internet browser in pops

I have the same problem as well and it is really annoying ! Did you ever find a solution ?

Pitcher@asus
12-05-2013, 08:13 AM
please update driver first, if not help send to RMA.

Arne Saknussemm
12-05-2013, 08:31 AM
I think the obvious thing to say here is if your speakers are making pop noises change over to classical music instead! :cool:

Asus_Man
12-05-2013, 08:31 AM
please update driver first, if not help send to RMA.

I already have the latest driver :( ! Anybody else have a suggestion ?

Raja@ASUS
12-05-2013, 10:41 AM
This is DC pop noise. When the driver initializes, the output stage will send out a short burst of DC. The only way to get around this is to have output stages with relays that latch the outputs after switch on (hardware level). DC thump is a well-known situation in audio products. The simple fix? Turn your speakers on AFTER you turn on the laptop (after the driver loading process is complete).

Asus_Man
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
This is DC pop noise. When the driver initializes, the output stage will send out a short burst of DC. The only way to get around this is to have output stages with relays that latch the outputs after switch on (hardware level). DC thump is a well-known situation in audio products. The simple fix? Turn your speakers on AFTER you turn on the laptop.

Thank you for the fast reply ! Problem is that I get constant pops when browsing the internet. When i navigate to a webpage the speakers begin to pop at different intervals ( i guess depending on the animations and flash content on the page ). It's really annoying to hear the loud pop every 5-6 sec when browsing ( it's not that silent of a pop ). Do you have any other suggestions ? I can tell you that uninstalling the realtek drivers removes the pops, but the downside is that the woofer no longer works without them !!