PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my G750!

McToweleee
09-30-2013, 02:09 AM
Hey, first time posting.

I just ordered my G750JX-TB71!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8208716

I'm really excited as this is my first computer that has any actual performance to it so I've been reading reviews and the forum for a couple of days before I ordered it.

Other than an SSD that I will be adding later on, what else should I know/do to my G750?

I will be leaving for my honeymoon in a few days and won't be able to play with it until I get back, but I want to be prepared with at minimum ideas of what I should or can do to it. I want to have a lot of fun with it and take really good care of it.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks ahead of time! :D

Vicodin
09-30-2013, 02:58 AM
Welcome! You got a pretty good deal on that JX. The JX I seen on newegg has a 256gb SSD but it is $1900. So much smarter to buy for less and put in your own SSD. Congrats on your future ROG.

kingfish
09-30-2013, 03:16 AM
enjoy your new toy McToweleee :) make sure to make a back up of evrything before installing apps.

Pitcher
09-30-2013, 05:40 AM
First thing to do is to Download Asus Back Tracker and create a backup image of your partitions in case you ever want to go back to factory state as the ASUS laptops do not come with recovery media

Zygomorphic
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Enjoy your honeymoon! :) Congratulations! :) Make sure to convince the wifey that she needs to become an ROG'er too!

Make sure you make the recovery media, that's important. Use the utility that is installed on your laptop for this purpose.