PDA

View Full Version : Asus Backtracker creates two partitions on my SSD

Jaxione
09-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi!

I installed an SSD in my G750 laptop and used Asus Backtracker to create system image. But Asus Backtracker divides my SSD
into two partitions. Is there anyway I can prevent that?

Br J

Pitcher@asus
10-01-2013, 03:32 AM
i don;t understand what is really problem? can you tell me more detial or what do you want.

Jaxione
10-01-2013, 04:53 AM
i don;t understand what is really problem? can you tell me more detial or what do you want.

Hi!

I have installed one 240gb SSD in the laptop as a replacement for the original HD. Used Asus Backtracker to restore the system on the SSD and everything worked fine except my SSD got divided into two. One C: on 100gb and one D: on 100gb. Ill rather have one 240gb C: instead. How can I do this?

Best regards.

J

Cpl_Flash
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi!

I solved this by using Windows built-in disk utility after using backtracker. I erased the extra D: partition and expanded C: to the freed partition. Quite simple procedure. WARNING: I did this right away after using backtracker and staring computer from new disk, since of course if you erase the D:, then you lost all the data on it. So D: must be EMPTY before you do this, if you do not want to lose any data!

Accessing the disk management console is simple. Press Windows+R and write "diskmgmt.msc" without quotes to the popup window! And then press "Enter" or "OK".

That should start the disk management console, now in management console right click the disk partition you want to erase, in this case the D: and choose "Delete volume" and accept the warning with OK". Then right click the C: disk/volume and choose "Expand volume". And that's it, it should automatically choose the right amount of expansion, since the D: volume you just erased was right next to the C: volume!

Hope this helps, let me know if you run in any problems. I didn't have any, since I did this RIGHT after using backtracker to restore the system to my new SSD.

AND DO NOT BELIEVE THE INTERWEBS WHEN THEY CLAIM YOU CANNOT DO THIS WITH SYSTEM PARTITION! Since this worked for me out of the BOX! No need for gparted or other 3rd party software in this case!