DeltaActual
09-30-2013, 05:01 PM
just a heads up for BF fans - http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/67382

15% increase promised

hmscott
09-30-2013, 05:47 PM
just a heads up for BF fans - http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/67382
15% increase promised

Thanks for the heads up DeltaActual, so far so good running 331.40.

cronik916
10-01-2013, 06:59 AM
woot. got em and rdy to go tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! BF4 babayyyyy. got me a energy drink and called sick to work for tomorrow. BF4 is gonna be narly on my 65 inch mitsubishi dlp tv. cheers peeps.

iweber95
10-01-2013, 02:20 PM
I thought bf4 was released on the 29th of October not September?

DeltaActual
10-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I thought bf4 was released on the 29th of October not September?

That's Beta we are talking about.

iweber95
10-01-2013, 05:56 PM
ohh cool! let me know how it is! im trying to decide between bf4 and cod ghosts!

Mistergone
10-01-2013, 10:32 PM
So BF4 beta is brilliant, it feels like BF3 done much better and a nice improvement in graphics, the beta driver however didn't get me a single ounce of performace boost and made my system a lot more unstable, I'm rolling back to 327.23 right now. Im not saying the driver will be worse for everyone (I'm getting very nice fps with mid/high settings) but for some ppl they're having a fair number of performace problems.

iweber95
10-02-2013, 03:29 AM
I heard there are a lot of problems with people getting 100% cpu usage on bf4 are you getting this too?

adamsyes
10-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Can some one post their AVG FPS / Settings currently with the g750 laptops ? Post your GPU as well (765/770 or 780m)

cronik916
10-02-2013, 05:55 AM
sup guys, ive been playing BF4 beta for a while now (couple hours) witht the new nvidia drivers 331.40 on my g750jw (so gtx 765m) using fraps and rendering at 1920x1080p on my 65inch mitsubishi DLP tv through hdmi im pulling 35FPS on average with full tilt ultra settings. Everything is maxed except motion blur which i immediatley in every game i play turn off or to 0. helicrash/light machine gun firing/ grenade going off i get about 27fps momentarily. running through a street by myself im pulling about 35 to 40 fps. been gaming a long time and always felt that 30fps is very playable, people say that 45fps should be lowest and 60fps average but i would disagree in terms of playing the game and being unhindered by frames. 30fps will not put u at a disadvantage. i have my system overclocked with XTU and GPUtweak to the highest stable points. my xtu score is on par with the best configured 750s jx+. i lowered my gputweak settings to the safe button configuration and only loose 3-5fps. as for the game BF4 is in a league of its own. cod ghosts will be fun, i play each new iteration of the series as they come, but nothing touches the war sim that battlefield is. not a true sim like arma1-3 but geared towards something u can actually play and have fun doing. anyone who doubts that 30fps is a competitive framerate i can take a screenshot of me being ontop of the leaderboard damn near everymatch and i play on a 360 conch most of the time sitting on my couch. 65inchs for a nice periferal and any movement spotting is a must tho lol. cheers.

hmscott
10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
sup guys, ive been playing BF4 beta for a while now (couple hours) witht the new nvidia drivers 331.40 on my g750jw (so gtx 765m) using fraps and rendering at 1920x1080p on my 65inch mitsubishi DLP tv through hdmi im pulling 35FPS on average with full tilt ultra settings. Everything is maxed except motion blur which i immediatley in every game i play turn off or to 0. helicrash/light machine gun firing/ grenade going off i get about 27fps momentarily. running through a street by myself im pulling about 35 to 40 fps. been gaming a long time and always felt that 30fps is very playable, people say that 45fps should be lowest and 60fps average but i would disagree in terms of playing the game and being unhindered by frames. 30fps will not put u at a disadvantage. i have my system overclocked with XTU and GPUtweak to the highest stable points. my xtu score is on par with the best configured 750s jx+. i lowered my gputweak settings to the safe button configuration and only loose 3-5fps. as for the game BF4 is in a league of its own. cod ghosts will be fun, i play each new iteration of the series as they come, but nothing touches the war sim that battlefield is. not a true sim like arma1-3 but geared towards something u can actually play and have fun doing. anyone who doubts that 30fps is a competitive framerate i can take a screenshot of me being ontop of the leaderboard damn near everymatch and i play on a 360 conch most of the time sitting on my couch. 65inchs for a nice periferal and any movement spotting is a must tho lol. cheers.

Try dropping down the eye candy to bump the frame rate up to 50-60fps+ in the high action sections where the frame rate drops the most, and play again, let us know how you like / don't like the difference in graphics quality / game play. Some games you can't do that without bummer graphics, so bump up the graphics to the bottom acceptable level to get the highest frame rate close to 60fps.

Btw, is your sync rate 30hz or 60hz, or?

iweber95
10-02-2013, 03:41 PM
that sounds like a pretty sick setup youve got going there! personally i like a monitor so i can get really close, but I guess youre not having any problems with the CPU that i have been hearing about?

cronik916
10-03-2013, 02:14 AM
60hz refresh rate at 1920x1080p if thats what u r referring too. Ya i was just saying that the laptop could basically handle full throttle bf4 in a playable and competitive rate. Im from the old school pc gaming (not too old, lol, like duke nukem/quake/unreal days when i was like 10. 28 now.) and i am very anal over performance of my rigs. like i come from the days when it was not out of the question to ctrl+alt+del and kill explorer.exe to squeeze every ounce of ram and cpu power out of pentium 1's lol. even today with 32gb ram and samsung 840pro ssd's i cant kick the habits i formed growing with the personall gaming computer and I run my systems lean and hard with temp guages on everything and 0 applications running that im not currently using. its long since been the case that computers especially my gaming rigs could handle multiple programs and number crunching but it just irks me so i keep it very minimal. but ya BF4 is really good looking and runs great on the bare bones 750jw. although mine isnt exactly barebones anymore lol with ssd and 32gigs ram. but u get the idea. cheers see u on the battlefield. cronik916 is my gamer tage across all platforms xbox/ps3-4/pc so friend me :)

cronik916
10-03-2013, 02:15 AM
the good ol days of geforce 3's lol

hmscott
10-03-2013, 02:32 AM
60hz refresh rate at 1920x1080p if thats what u r referring too...

Sorry, re-reading I see you are feeding the 65" with your 360, I thought it was being used as an external monitor for your G750 :)

Yup, I remember those days too, making endless tweaks to get games to behave with limited PC resources. Learned a lot that applied to the world outside gaming. Pushing performance to the edge, and learning which changes mattered to get there gave me a real edge in debugging at work - and vice versa.

Waiting for the PS4 / Xbox One to get back on consoles. Dropped my last PS3/Xbox earlier this year. Only a few more weeks... :)

cronik916
10-03-2013, 09:50 AM
i use a 46inch lcd tv for my computer monitor in my bedroom and my 65inch dlp as the monitor in the living room. ive been using tvs as my monitors forever. i thought u were asking what refresh rate the 65 inch DLP is at. no i hate xbox and just had a 360 to play halo with long time friends. never play it and it red ring o death on me twice. absolute crap construction and buisnes practices from microsoft. sony all the way. and pc over all. i just use consoles to play with friends who arnt tech savy and just get consoles as there gaming entertainment. ya on the DLP 65 inch FPS are so ez to win. the smallest movements are easily seen, its a very big advantage. i use my microsoft 360 wireless controller in the living room to play alot of games lke bf3 and racing games and others. people freak out when i tell them that and they tell me im at a hue disadvantage not using keyboard and mouse. i tel them to check the leaderboard then pop off. i use to play competitve halo 2 and find it easier to be agressive with the controller, and i am very good at stick aiming. but too each there own a beginner would be crushed by kb/m if they used a controller.

hmscott
10-03-2013, 05:47 PM
The original reason I asked about the sync rate at 30hz or 60hz was because you seem comfortable with a low fps in action sequences, which on a 60hz monitor would mean 50% of the time you are missing the action, but on a 30hz monitor it would match ok.

My suggestion to tune for higher fps, 50-60fps, was based on my observation that many seem obsessed with the eye candy, and not with keeping the fps up to provide better response.

But, it sounds like you have acclimated to low fps and your mind fills in the gaps with expectation made accurate based on many years of living with low fps. The hardware isn't quite there yet, even now, to give us full refresh matching fps - but we are getting closer.

Can't wait to try the G750JH to see if it takes the games the rest of the way to full fps/refresh. :)

cronik916
10-04-2013, 02:17 AM
i can play at higher refresh rates because i have my custom built desktop rig with 2 gtx 660sc in sli and a fx 8330 cpu that outputs to my dlp which has 120hz. i really dont see a difference in any fps past 60 fps nor do i believe human eyes could sense or percieve anything faster than 60fps. i agree that 30fps is different than 60 in that u can actually see it and or feel it while playing, but it is by no means needed for competitive play. Its like u said about predicting things with your mind based on experience at that speed and fps, i deffinatley know the speed of the fps i play at which is usually in the 60fps so there is deffinatley truth to that statement. i turn down certain eye candy things ingame when i care about performing well.

Cykon
10-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I believe that perception is subjective, as is the topic of maximum frame rate discernible by the human eye.

The website HERE (http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm) describes the phenomena fairly well.

I'd also like to add that back when I played Counter-Strike, after playing at 100FPS I noticed an immediate difference in gameplay - specifically an improvement in smooth/fluid motion, and for some reason recoil seemed more manageable as well. Even when I watch players stream videos online, there's a noticeable difference between those that record at higher frame rates.

On the subject of controller versus keyboard/mouse, it's a matter of personal preference - I wouldn't say either has a clear advantage over the other. For me, my thumbs aren't as dexterous with gamepad stick due to the fact that I haven't grown accustomed using said device.

The same can be said about monitors (personal preference/advantages) - as much as I like watching movies on my big screen I still prefer the intimacy playing games on my monitor. In my opinion using a 65" TV over a 27/30" monitor is no different, objects may appear larger on a 65" TV, but it's all relative to the viewing distance from the screen.

kingkaan
10-05-2013, 07:27 AM
how much fps are you getting man?im getting like 50-60 on low stable

hmscott
10-06-2013, 08:58 AM
how much fps are you getting man?im getting like 50-60 on low stable

Getting steady 40-60fps + bursts into 80-120fps - occasionally getting dips for no reason into the 20's, but I think that is server lag related - infrequent enough to not be a big deal.

G750JX-RB71 3.6ghz, 770m 993mhz/5200mhz, 12GB, 512GB SSD, VM OFF, 100hz LCD

svansiclen
10-06-2013, 06:43 PM
My machine won't boot with 331.40 if I have a display attached to the thunderbolt port.

hmscott
10-07-2013, 12:27 AM
My machine won't boot with 331.40 if I have a display attached to the thunderbolt port.

svansiclen, that would be a good bug to submit to Asus and Nvida, here are the Nvidia 331.40 beta links for release notes, submitting bugs, and the forum thread for 331.40

331.40 release notes:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.40/331.40-win8-win7-notebook-release-notes.pdf

NVIDIA Support - Welcome to the NVIDIA software bug reporting tool.
http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2702/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4MTAyMzkzOC9zaWQvYUx5TjE0Q2w=

Official NVIDIA 331.40 BETA Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 9/30/13)
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/615173/official-nvidia-331-40-beta-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-9-30-13-/

svansiclen
10-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Done.

kingfish
10-07-2013, 10:57 AM
i want to try this one see if the performance will increase if i do designing in 3d :)

kingkaan
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi scott i was looking at these pictures and something grabbed my attention in your gpu tweak utility..

that would be the screen refresh rate..how did you get that? i believe i dont have that optioni in mine. is there anyway we can increase the refresh rate?

hmscott
10-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi scott i was looking at these pictures and something grabbed my attention in your gpu tweak utility..

that would be the screen refresh rate..how did you get that? i believe i dont have that optioni in mine. is there anyway we can increase the refresh rate?

There are options in the configuration settings for the Asus GPU Tweak Utility, I checked the boxes for the items I wanted to tune.

DeltaActual
10-07-2013, 08:40 PM
There are options in the configuration settings for the Asus GPU Tweak Utility, I checked the boxes for the items I wanted to tune.

Is it safe to step up your screen's Hz ? Is it worth it? Can you see the difference?

...Was trying to set it to 100 like in your pic, but it resets to 60Hz...

hmscott
10-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Is it safe to step up your screen's Mhz ? Is it worth it? Can you see the difference?

Yes, yes, yes :)

The "cure" for some G750 screens showing "lines" is to up the refresh to 85hz and uninstall Splendid, so there is one benefit - I didn't do it for this reason.

The refresh rate is something that is increasing for LCD's, like 144hz, 120hz, etc some for 3D mode, some for smoother frame transitions for high FPS applications (games).

Some people can see the difference, some don't see it right away, but most do over time after they acclimate to the high refresh and then try to go back to the 60hz refresh.

Most people report 100hz works fine on the G750 screens. Mine does 100hz, but not 120/110/105, I tried :)

Try it, and if the display gets messed up, wait and it will revert to the last refresh rate.

You can use the Asus GPU Tweak tool to select a configured / available setting, but first you set a Custom setting in the Nvidia Control Panel for 1920x1080 @ 100hz, and other refresh rates too. I use the Nvidia control panel to test / configure, and Asus GPU Tweak tool to change them while doing test runs.

DeltaActual
10-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks man, that makes sense, but do i need GPU Tweak to run in 90-100Hz? Can't i just use Nvidia CP?

hmscott
10-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks man, that makes sense, but do i need GPU Tweak to run in 90-100Hz? Can't i just use Nvidia CP?

Yes, I set the values and save them in Nvidia CP, and then while I am benchmarking / tuning / testing I can set them from Asus GPU Tweak tool at the same time I am changing GPU settings for Memory speed (I keep the GPU speed pegged at 932 before boost). That way I don't need the Nvidia CP up too. I just switch between 60hz and 100hz now.

DeltaActual
10-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Thanks a bunch man.

kingkaan
10-08-2013, 12:55 AM
I looked in the settings mine doesn't have display refresh rate option and in nvidia control panel it only shows 60hz. is ur laptop 3d? i have the 3d vision photo viewer but i have no idea if i have 3d or not. Seems like i don't since the refresh rate is stuck at 60

hmscott
10-08-2013, 01:02 AM
I looked in the settings mine doesn't have display refresh rate option and in nvidia control panel it only shows 60hz. is ur laptop 3d? i have the 3d vision photo viewer but i have no idea if i have 3d or not. Seems like i don't since the refresh rate is stuck at 60

No, no 3D, that would be 120hz. I set a custom resolution / refresh in the Nvidia Control Panel. Set it up there, then you can switch from 60hz to 100hz in the Asus GPU Tweak Tool, or use the Nvidia Control Panel directly.

kingkaan
10-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Ohhh. Thanks man i got it all figured out now. When playing games like counter strike refresh rate really matters. thanks so much man

hmscott
10-08-2013, 01:11 AM
Ohhh. Thanks man i got it all figured out now. When playing games like counter strike refresh rate really matters. thanks so much man

Yup, you got it. High FPS without a place to output the frames, fps over refresh rate just get dropped. :)

kingkaan
10-11-2013, 12:41 AM
hmscott,

I thought you had an gtx 765m?? how much fps do you get after the latest patch for bf4 last night? my fps dropped big time.

hmscott
10-11-2013, 12:46 AM
hmscott, I thought you had an gtx 765m?? how much fps do you get after the latest patch for bf4 last night? my fps dropped big time.

When I first started posting here to the G750 forum I had a G750JW, now have a G750JX :)

Haven't been playing with BF4, been doing work stuff. Probably not going to be able to do much gaming for a while... things are getting busy again.

kingkaan
10-11-2013, 01:19 AM
haha congrats man! im thinking about getting the one with gtx 780m it is powerful as hell. a bit pricey but its worth it imo.