PDA

View Full Version : Bug behind screen.

crawf71
10-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Hello all,

I have had my G750 JW for about a month now and its been rocking so far.

However today there is a little bug that has been walking miles behind the screen of the laptop today!

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Crawf71

iweber95
10-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Punch your screen! hahah jk.. just wait till it dies i guess. I have no idea because i think if you go back there it will void the warranty and RMA could take years.

Prostar Computer
10-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Load a picture of it's natural enemy for your desktop wallpaper. :D

You really can't get to it without opening up part of the machine that would risk your warranty.

CurrySonic
10-01-2013, 11:28 PM
How did a bug get behind your screen 0_o

crawf71
10-02-2013, 12:07 AM
No clue how it got back there. I mean the bug is smaller than than a grain of rice. It's still pacing back and forth even after having the display off for a couple of hours.

*shrug* Not sure what to do, I may contact support.

chrsplmr
10-02-2013, 12:13 AM
hahhahahhahaha ... ooooooooo my. That would drive me out of my mind ... the rest of the way.
What region are you from ??? It can not live long, this is for sure .. c.

crawf71
10-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Ohio. so USA

hmscott
10-02-2013, 12:29 AM
No clue how it got back there. I mean the bug is smaller than than a grain of rice. It's still pacing back and forth even after having the display off for a couple of hours.

*shrug* Not sure what to do, I may contact support.

Like this?

Bug (Thrip) inside LCD TFT laptop screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--3i9aYrBos

If the bug was attracted to the light from the LCD back-light, then you would want to attract the bug away from the LCD by turning off the back-light and use another light source outside the LCD nearby to get the bugs attention.

Or, you could identify the bug and find the sexual opposite and help them to meet outside the LCD :cool:

Lots of hits on "how to lure a bug out from lcd screen"
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+lure+a+bug+out+from+lcd+screen

Vacuum. That is how I have done it successfully long ago - get a vacuum around the edges of the screen, find the most effective path and work the bug toward that direction by gently tapping on the screen from the opposite direction - careful to not tap too close or too hard lest you splat the poor creature. An attachment to narrow the vacuum to a point to increase the strength and reach is what finally worked for me.

CurrySonic
10-02-2013, 03:56 AM
Hey Craw,

I have a suggestion. Before you sleep or go to work shut down your comp, try to make your room as dark as possible, and put a strong light like a lamp or rig a flashlight in a way that shines into the screen seal. Hope full it will draw it out. Perhaps close the lid and shine the seal? I hope my instructions is coherent enough.

If that doesn't work my next suggestion, after trying out some other none warranty voiding solutions on google, is to wait till it dies. When it dies hopefully in the smack right middle of the screen, send it back saying there is a bug or dead pixel. (Up to you if you to alter the truth).

If it dies somewhere you never notice even with extreme scrutiny- then your gold!

PS. I'm waiting for my G750 to ship, so I apologize if I can't give you specific spots to shine in, but I hope you get the general idea.

Please get back to us if you were successful in getting the screen clear again. This is such an interesting case I would love to know how you fix it.

iweber95
10-02-2013, 03:19 PM
@CurrySonic

That is a great idea! The OP should try this and let us know if it works :)

Symho
10-02-2013, 09:41 PM
@CurrySonic

That is a great idea! The OP should try this and let us know if it works :)

But this idea not solve the problem. How the bug is entered?

crawf71
10-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Not sure how it entered. However the bug is gone,.

I shut everything off in the room and put a bright sun lamp next the laptop. Bug gone overnight.

hmscott
10-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Not sure how it entered. However the bug is gone,.
I shut everything off in the room and put a bright sun lamp next the laptop. Bug gone overnight.

Nice...but, what about next time...

http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=Bug%20Zapper

No laptop shaped bug zappers, but there is a nice Frog shaped Zapper:
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/98080-frog-shaped-bug-zapper-produced

Prostar Computer
10-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I can't help but wonder if the bug was present when the screen was assembled. I mean, If it was in the panel, behind the film... but didn't pop up until a month after use? Strange.

iweber95
10-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Maybe the bug went through the rear vents and somehow found its way onto the screen?

hmscott
10-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I can't help but wonder if the bug was present when the screen was assembled. I mean, If it was in the panel, behind the film... but didn't pop up until a month after use? Strange.

crawf71, it is possible the laptop insect came over from the manufacturing site. It might not be a bad idea to call an extermination expert to determine if it is a local or invasive species. You could bag the laptop with a cube of insect killer in between using it for a while to make sure they are all eliminated.