PDA

View Full Version : Screen issues (Purple Screen)

flores1221
10-01-2013, 08:23 PM
recently my Asus G75VW's screen has been turning purple, and depending on the angle the computer is at, would cause the fluttering and purple pixels to leave. It would usually come and go but now its stuck on this purple color, can anyone help? im Attaching a picture of how the screen looks like.

PS. The screen is not broken in any way, my notebook has not fallen either, so im guessing its an internal problem, whats worse is that my warranty expired months before this started to happen.

cl-Albert
10-01-2013, 10:42 PM
If possible, connect an external monitor to confirm the problem is only with your notebook screen and not the vga card or something else.

If it only occurs on your notebook screen, check if the screen position has any affect to try to get an idea if it will be a cheaper repair involving the LCD cable or a more expensive LCD panel replacement.

Anyway, if you are in the U.S. and haven't already, you may want to contact U.S. ASUS support here (http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9) (chat is available for this region) to confirm your warranty and discuss more.
Don't forget to dig up a copy of your invoice before contacting support since it should give you a little more warranty than providing the serial number alone.

flores1221
10-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, And if my laptop is connected to another monitor, the purple pixels never show up. Ill definitely contact support to figure the problem. Ill definitely keep posting till this issue is resolved.

cl-Albert
10-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Okay, sounds like it should be an LCD or LCD cable issue. If you end up sending it to ASUS for out-of-warranty repair (and confirm it's no longer covered), make sure to let them know or check if they can replace the LCD cable first before replacing the entire LCD screen which should be a lot cheaper if it can solve the problem.