PDA

View Full Version : [ASK] Can we update the G53SW recovery content?

fgergex
10-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Hello all

I just wanna ask. Is it possible to update the content of asus recovery ?
For example. Now, in my recovery setup (F9) has default content :

- Windows Home Premium x64 (No SP 1)
- Installed Asus Drivers
- Installed Asus APP
- Installed other software, including the trial software

My question :

If we use that default recovery, then we update the windows into SP 1, and re-install the asus drivers and app into the new version, plus install some our favorite software. And after that, can we add that all to the recovery? or make a new recovery setup with all that new content inside?

NB : I hope you guys understand what i'm saying :)

Clintlgm
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
The G75 all had SP1 installed I think at least mine did, As far as I know they all shipped UEFI GPT so SP1 Would be required. I used the recovery disk that I had made when I first got this one and SP1 was installed when I used these recovery disk.
Of course is you want an up to date recovery you should make your own Disk Image that would restore you to where you were when you make the Image?
To answer your question I haven't heard of anyone editing the recovery partition. Doesn't mean it can't be done, you might goggle that editing a recovery partition.

cl-Albert
10-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Agree with Clintlgm's suggestion that you can just back up your disk image rather than try to update or change the recovery partition which isn't really possible anyway.

If you ever decide you want to go back to your 'good' Windows image, you just restore your backed-up disk image rather than use the recovery partition.

Also, if you didn't already know, the Windows System Restore function under System Tools will set your system back to an earlier date if the restore point is available, so that's another thing you can try before restoring your back-up image or recovering Windows.

fgergex
10-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm so sorry. I forgot to explain about my rog notebook. I have a G53SW that only include windows home prem x64 without SP 1.
And,i just realize this sub forum is for G75,G55,G46 series.. I'm sorry for posting in wrong place.

Thanks for the answer guys

Best regards

cl-Albert
10-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the notice about your model fgergex, and your thread has been moved to the older G series notebooks although the answer would be the same for the newer notebooks anyway.

fgergex
10-07-2013, 04:01 AM
oh ok, thank you very much