PDA

View Full Version : (G53SX) BSOD when setting ram in dual channel, single channel is fine

starforce2142
10-03-2013, 07:16 PM
I've experienced this issue for over six months and still havent found any solution. When i play games, the laptop freezes a couple of times and the BSOD appears. The content of that blue screen is :" STOP:0x0000004.....". This problem only happens when my laptop runs in dual channel (2x4gb 1333mhz). Anyone can help me with this issue, im really frustrated with this.

Pitcher@asus
10-04-2013, 02:14 AM
is every single channel is no problem? you also are able to use memtest to check your memory.

starforce2142
10-04-2013, 11:14 AM
is every single channel is no problem? you also are able to use memtest to check your memory.
No problem found when using a single ram or single channel (2 ram). Btw, Is there any tool that can change ram's setting such as cas or timing?

Zygomorphic
10-05-2013, 12:58 AM
On the G53SX, there is no option in the BIOS :(. However, you shouldn't be having problems, since the system is designed to run in dual-channel mode. My G53SX runs 4x4 GB 1333 MHz just fine, and has been for two years. Do you potentially have failing RAM? Try running memtest86+ (as recommended by @Pitcher) to see if there are undiagnosed issues with your memory.

starforce2142
10-05-2013, 06:50 AM
I ran memtest86 overnight, about 12 hrs and still found no error. I faced this issue once with my pc, everything gets back to normal after changing the cpu. So Im afraid my laptop has problem with the processor.

Zygomorphic
10-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I ran memtest86 overnight, about 12 hrs and still found no error. I faced this issue once with my pc, everything gets back to normal after changing the cpu. So Im afraid my laptop has problem with the processor.
Sounds like your RAM is good, so yes, you probably have a failing memory controller (part of the CPU).

starforce2142
10-07-2013, 07:36 PM
lol, problem solved. OS is the culprit. After reinstalling windows, my laptop works like a charm.

Zygomorphic
10-07-2013, 11:54 PM
lol, problem solved. OS is the culprit. After reinstalling windows, my laptop works like a charm.
Good to hear, though definitely weird. Wish I had thought to have you try that. Congratulations.

starforce2142
10-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Good to hear, though definitely weird. Wish I had thought to have you try that. Congratulations.
Thanks! But reinstalling OS makes me really frustrated, lots of things to deal with.

Zygomorphic
10-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Thanks! But reinstalling OS makes me really frustrated, lots of things to deal with.
I'm not a big fan of it either, though if you use LINUX, it's a lot less of a headache - create a separate /home partition, and then you can reinstall the OS while preserving all of your files and (most of your) settings! :) Even better, you can bot multiple LINUX distros, and point them at the same /home partition, which again means that all your files are in one place.

Know this because I do it. :)