PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprints

Drask
10-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has figured how to keep figerprints out of this laptop, no matter how clean my hands are, it takes the laptop 5 minutes to get all "dirty" from fingerprints. Driving me crazy, any advice?

adamsyes
10-04-2013, 04:56 AM
believe or not, I keep a hand fertilizer germ free close to me. I use it to clean my hands before I even touch the laptop. (im not a germ freak)

But it doesn't leave a single fingerprints. hope that helps lol.

hmscott
10-04-2013, 03:43 PM
believe or not, I keep a hand fertilizer germ free close to me. I use it to clean my hands before I even touch the laptop. (im not a germ freak)
But it doesn't leave a single fingerprints. hope that helps lol.

I think you meant "Hand Sanitizer" :)

A vote for keeping hands off laptops...

villiansv
10-04-2013, 03:49 PM
I think you meant "Hand Sanitizer" :)

Not necessarily - he could always be going for http://www.123rf.com/photo_4214129_grass-growing-from-computer-keyboard-ecology-metaphor.html :) .

Myk SilentShadow
10-04-2013, 04:22 PM
No matter how much you clean your hands, you're always going to get finger prints on your laptop. Don't forget, oils and whatnot

cl-Albert
10-04-2013, 09:11 PM
hmm...wonder if someone should come up with some type of fingertip-only gloves (leave the palm and rest of the hand exposed) and a mechanism to help you easily wear and remove them?
Usually you only see the reverse kind of glove with the fingertips exposed.

Might also help with sanitation if you could wash them and probably a good idea if they also work with touchscreens. Sorry I wasn't able to find such a thing online or I would have included a picture.

Flea0
10-05-2013, 12:43 AM
the finish chosen by asus is a fingerprint magnet and there's not very much you can do about it. most people's fingers are greasy and there's nothing you can do about that either. if you have the patience you can just buy 1-2 ipad-sized matte screen protectors and cut them to fit on the palmrest area around the touchpad.

Draetor24
10-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm OCD about cleanliness, especially around my laptops, but I know enough that you can't keep it completely fingerprint and dust free if you want to also USE the laptop. That's why I just routinely clean it and not have to worry about fingerprints every day I use it.

But I find the best way to clean the G750 is with those little isopropyl alcohol wipes (you know the ones they use to clean your arm before poking you with a needle?). Those don't leave any residue, and absorb instantly, and are pretty much safe around electronic equipment. Just don't use it on the screen :eek:

jimwho16
10-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok. Get a microfiber cloth. Take mineral oil and lightly, lightly wipe the metal area. Then wipe down with clean microfiber cloth after. This is what I was told to do on stainless steel appliances and it helps. You are putting a little oil on a dry surface and your oil doesn't transfer as easy. It helps. Mineral Oil, laugh or call me crazy but I'm pretty sure it cant hurt unless you apply to heavy.

hmscott
10-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Ok. Get a microfiber cloth. Take mineral oil and lightly, lightly wipe the metal area. Then wipe down with clean microfiber cloth after. This is what I was told to do on stainless steel appliances and it helps. You are putting a little oil on a dry surface and your oil doesn't transfer as easy. It helps. Mineral Oil, laugh or call me crazy but I'm pretty sure it cant hurt unless you apply to heavy.

That seals it from stains, but can attract and hold dust particles, it depends on the surface retention of the mineral oil. The porousness of the surface material can retain the mineral oil even if you wipe it off, weeping it over time to the surface - making a sticky surface that attracts dust. I wouldn't want to experiment with it on my laptop :)

iweber95
10-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I honestly gave up on avoiding fingerprints and just give it a nightly wipe down hahah. I does get annoying sometimes but its my baby so you gotta do what you gotta do you know :p

kingfish
10-07-2013, 04:21 PM
this also catch my attention but what i do, i use my laptop in a dark room where i can't see the finger prints and wipe with fiber cloth after i use. :) i dont' see any finger prints after and during :)

hmscott
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
this also catch my attention but what i do, i use my laptop in a dark room where i can't see the finger prints and wipe with fiber cloth after i use. :) i dont' see any finger prints after and during :)

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" - Many

"If a laptop has fingerprints all over it, but it is too dark to see them, does it need to be wiped?" - Kingfish