PDA

View Full Version : What CD's came with the G750 (jw)

CurrySonic
10-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi all,

I bought an open box G750jw (first impressions are awesome!) Just finished checking the audio and screen systems, I not one issue. And no physical defects.

However I was wondering what CD's came with the g750. Mine did not come with any the the cd or manuals associated with a new laptop since it was open box. Just wondering if I'm missing out on anything important like an OS install.

I'm doing a moving the contents of the drive to an SSD. Also I will be testing the GPU/CPU.

Thanks for the help,

Sonic

cl-Albert
10-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Hi Sonic,

Don't expect you will see any CDs or user manual with the notebooks now, but if you still have your original ASUS Windows image, check under the 'C:' drive for the 'eSupport' folder which has a copy of the driver disk you can burn to DVD or just copy and run from the hard drive using the 'AsInsWiz' application as well as a softcopy of the user manual.
You can find the latest approved drivers from the ASUS download site as well as any updates to the user manual.

By the way you may want to download the ASUS Backtracker software from the ASUS download site if you don't already have it to back up your ASUS factory image (doesn't save any other data on your hard drive) to a 16Gb or larger USB drive in case you ever need it.

Sincerely,

Albert

CurrySonic
10-05-2013, 03:38 AM
Hi Albert,

Thank you for the reply, I missed the eSupport and its been extremely helpful in answering some questions. I have backed up the factory image into a USB just in case as suggested. I also put the OS on a 840 Pro SSD by samsung. I'm still at awe at how fast it boots up. Its faster than my other notebooks save state! Literally almost 1 second.

Thanks for the awesome moderating!