PDA

View Full Version : NVIDEA chip different and notas functional as my former radeon graphic chip ???

Proner
10-05-2013, 10:07 PM
I had an HP DV7 6c90US and it had a radeon chip graphic card that let me optimize my resolution to fit the screen without changing the resolution.

On this G750jw, I hdmi to the same tv input, and it is overscanned. With HP and Radeon, I choose 1900 x *&(*& and if it was a bit larger I was able to percentage adjust to fit and still keep the 1900x resolution.

On this laptop with NVIDEA 765m it only allows adjustment to fit that also changes the resolution.

I'm surprised. The Radeon keeps the resolution at 1900 and simply makes it fit. I feel a bit burned.

I'm stuck with this now and a bi miffed! If your looking to optimize the hdmi on a big screen tv, Unless ASUS can point out my error, I'd go with the radeon

Pitcher
10-05-2013, 10:13 PM
what are you talking about? English please

hmscott
10-06-2013, 01:19 AM
On this G750jw, I hdmi to the same tv input, and it is overscanned. With HP and Radeon, I choose 1900 x *&(*& and if it was a bit larger I was able to percentage adjust to fit and still keep the 1900x resolution...

Proner
10-06-2013, 02:50 AM
I did all that many times, and with Nvidea tech support. Do you think I overlooked something? Is there a major premise I should follow with your picto graph?

hmscott
10-06-2013, 03:06 AM
I did all that many times, and with Nvidea tech support. Do you think I overlooked something? Is there a major premise I should follow with your picto graph?

Yes, you have overlooked the correct function of the tools provided. I don't know why, not being there it isn't easy to step you through using them, but the images were to show you where to look for the functionality. I have used the Nvidia control panel to tune/tweak the output to external TV's and monitors, so I know it works.

You need to set the display first, then the functions available for that display will be there for you. You set the external resolution, then adjust the scan using the tool provided as shown in the dialog.

If you don't select the external display, you get the options for the laptop LCD, and that won't help you.

It is easy to miss the mode/display switch over if you are used to a different interface through the ATI software. I went the other direction, Nvidia => ATI and was stymied for a while until I figured it out, it wasn't fun :)

The tools you need are there, keep poking around, and / or find someone local to help step you through it the first time.

An example from the 331.40 Release notes
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.40/331.40-win8-win7-notebook-release-notes.pdf

Help for Resizing Your HDTV Desktop

The best way to resize the screen in order to view the entire content is to use the controls provided by the display hardware. Click the link on the Size tab to view a guide to changing the settings on your display hardware.

The resize controls on the NVIDIA Control Panel are provided in case satisfactory results cannot be achieved using the controls on the display.

After resizing the HDTV desktop using the NVIDIA Control Panel Resize controls, the new custom resolution created is now added to the list of available resolutions for that display, and also added to the resolution list within the game or application.

In Release 190 and later drivers, the method for resizing the HDTV desktop has changed to provide better image quality when applying underscan. This method results in a new custom resolution being created which needs to be selected from games or applications to apply the resizing. In the example displayed in the following screen shot, the underscan has created a new resolution (1216x682). Although this resolution looks different, it is still in HD format. Remember to select this resolution in your game or other application in order to take advantage of it.