PDA

View Full Version : G75vw sudden shutdowns only

zanzus
10-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi,

This is my second post, and I really appreciate the members here. Anyway, the G75vw is new(first month) and I only used it three times. The first time, it shutdown for no reason and didnt reboot like other cases. The second time I used it for about 5 hours and it shutdown twice for no reason again. When it shutdown sometimes it needs 30 seconds to work again. During these 30 seconds If I try to start the laptop it never works and all the laptop indicators/LEDs are shutdown.

Now am not sure what is the problem here, is it hardware or the power core? Could someone advice me here?

I have a warrenty but the problem is I bought it online from USA and my country is in Middle East UAE/Dubai. Very far and the Asus shop here never agreed to a warrenty from USA(yea the difference in prices here is like extra 800$ no wonder they wont agreed) so what should I do? Return the laptop or try and fix it here. And if it is fixing here, what is the problem so I wont be tricked to something expensive? Yea expert people love to trick others , and most stupid repairing shops here know only formate to solve most problems they face.

Also, I noticed at the bottom, right upper corner(were the power core cable is connected), is heated more than other parts of the Laptop. Is it possible the heat contributed to a shutdown even though I didnt play any game yet?

Sorry for my inexperienced assumptions, that is why am asking you guys. And thanks for any replay in advance.

Pitcher@asus
10-07-2013, 08:52 AM
sent to repair center to check, or tell your dealer to change it.

zanzus
10-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the adivce Pitcher. Am currently contacting the dealer which will take a while considering he isnt responding right now. I will try to check if there is any repair center in Dubai and wishing it is not a distributing company which wont agree to the warranty.

Thanks again for the advice.

bikenut
10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi Zanzus:
I and others have had this problem with sudden shutdowns.
I solved my problem, was not a hardware problem.
Search for postings by my id, bikenut, and you'll see what I did.
Basically I stopped using the Asus power software, even uninstalled.
No more sudden shutdowns, works perfect now.
Good luck.

zanzus
10-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the replay bikenut. The problem is I don't have any Asus programs, I have a Windows 7 with basic programs nothing more. I tried to contact the dealer and now it is in prosess. Thanks, for the replay again.