PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find a way to back up on the G750JW-BBI7N05

wscornish
10-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Just purchased today and I do not see the Asus AI Suite or any program to back up system to dvd's. Am I missing it in the colorful tiles?

cosmicmango
10-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Just purchased today and I do not see the Asus AI Suite or any program to back up system to dvd's. Am I missing it in the colorful tiles?

The easiest way to backup your system is with Asus Backtracker, you can download from the link below.

Download and install the program, you will need a 16GB flash drive, if there’s data on the drive make sure you back it up because everything will be deleted during the installation process.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=480&m=ASUS Backtracker&os=&hashedid=n/a

Pitcher@asus
10-07-2013, 09:05 AM
i think asus will not give restore CD, it is bundle at system, when you want to restore press F9 at system power up, also you can download asus backtracker to make back up.

Zygomorphic
10-07-2013, 10:17 AM
ASUS went away from DVD's, since a number of their computers no longer have them. USB flash drives are larger and more prevalent now, so it makes sense to use them instead (though they are a little more expensive).

wscornish
10-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies. Off to get a few USB drives and download Backtracker. Thanks again!

Mikon
10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I just used windows 8's file history drive mirror thingy. Loaded up everything I like (starwars galaxies emu, steam with the games i like) then mirrored the whole drive to a 128Gb thumb drive!

Zygomorphic
10-07-2013, 11:38 PM
I just used windows 8's file history drive mirror thingy. Loaded up everything I like (starwars galaxies emu, steam with the games i like) then mirrored the whole drive to a 128Gb thumb drive!
That's not the same as backing up the installation (recovery) media on the drive, but that is pretty awesome. Congratulations! :)

Mikon
10-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Lol, I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...not used to forums...any forums...being friendly. I'll take the compliment and say that I didn't know that there was a difference in what he wanted. Hope you figure out what you need....manufacturers sure don't like giving out system discs anymore, that's for sure!

wscornish
10-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks again to all for responding. Originally I was just searching for a program like I had on my G74sx that allowed one to make the back up system disks. I did install and try to use Backtracker but for some reason, it would not cooperate and would hang. I was able to use the WIndows 8 Recovery option to make a recovery USB drive. It seems like this G750JW is slower than my G74sw so I think I will purchase a SSD drive and do a clean install of Windows 8 on the SSD. Hopefully then this new unit will compare favorably to the G74sw.

Thanks again for the help.

Zygomorphic
10-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Lol, I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...not used to forums...any forums...being friendly. I'll take the compliment and say that I didn't know that there was a difference in what he wanted. Hope you figure out what you need....manufacturers sure don't like giving out system discs anymore, that's for sure!
Wasn't trying to be rude, sorry about that. I was more pointing out the difference between I understand that the OP wanted, and what you suggested - which is still a valid suggestion and a recommended practice BTW. I try to be friendly, and yes, that was a compliment. I don't make sarcastic comments without denoting them as such.