PDA

View Full Version : Driver Crashes with GTX 765M

Bipolarsmile
10-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Hey there so my problem it this...while running unigine benchmark it starts stuttering,it keeps running the benchmark but it stutters and sometimes it shows "driver has stopped responding and has recovered" after i close the benchmark the laptop works really slowly and stutters while i move the cursor,only after a restart the laptop starts responding and working normally this error occurs while running 3dmark aswell and while running batman arkham city.
this happened to me with the new beta driver 331.40 and it tried installing older drivers aswell and still have this issue

please i hope someone could help me with this

UnfairAwesomeness
10-07-2013, 08:07 AM
have you updated the bios to 208?

Bipolarsmile
10-07-2013, 08:12 AM
First of all thank you for the quick response and yes i did update it,just double checked that to make sure and it shows in bios 208

hmscott
10-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Hey there so my problem it this...while running unigine benchmark it starts stuttering,it keeps running the benchmark but it stutters and sometimes it shows "driver has stopped responding and has recovered" after i close the benchmark the laptop works really slowly and stutters while i move the cursor,only after a restart the laptop starts responding and working normally this error occurs while running 3dmark aswell and while running batman arkham city.
this happened to me with the new beta driver 331.40 and it tried installing older drivers aswell and still have this issue

please i hope someone could help me with this

When you see the "driver has stopped responding and has recovered" message that is telling you the Nvidia driver has crashed and recovered, and it is now running in low speed mode. You have to reboot to restart the Nvidia driver for full speed performance.

If you are running stock settings on your Graphics card you have a GPU problem, and need to contact Asus about an RMA. You should be able to run graphics benchmarks at the stock settings without the Nvidia driver crashing.

Did you change the default settings for the GPU clock speed and/or memory clock speed on your GTX765M with a tool like Asus Tweak Tool or MSI Afterburner? Or are you running stock settings for the graphics?

If you set a too high speed in Asus Tweak Tool, or MSI Afterburner, and have it configured to apply that setting at boot time, you will keep having the problem until you reduce the settings.

Bipolarsmile
10-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the answer,i didnt do any overclocking on my gpu or cpu,and i have no oc software,i tried a couple of different Nvidia drivers with no success,they all keep crashing...

hmscott
10-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the answer,i didnt do any overclocking on my gpu or cpu,and i have no oc software,i tried a couple of different Nvidia drivers with no success,they all keep crashing...

This wasn't happening before you installed the 331.40 drivers from Nvidia? If so you want to do a clean install of the driver through Custom in the Nvidia Installer, it will completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and then reboot, and then upon login the Nvidia install of the new driver will complete.

If that doesn't work, you could use "drive sweeper" after uninstalling all the Nvidia drivers by hand with the Windows uninstaller

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html

Follow the instructions there to remove all traces of the Nvidia dll's/etc. Then try to install a release driver from Asus download location for your model G750. Asus is going to want you to have an Asus approved driver installed in order to help you debug the problem.

If you still have the problem with driver crashing after doing a clean install and following through will cleaning out Nvidia drivers with drive sweepr, and doing a clean install, you need to contact Asus to get an RMA for this laptop and get it fixed or swap it for another unit at your vendor/retailer.

Sometimes these things happen with timing that confuses the issue, it might have failed along the way without changing drivers. You also might have pushed the graphics harder after the driver update which found the problem that was already there, but didn't show up until you brought the utilization high enough.

Hopefully it is a corrupted driver file :)