PDA

View Full Version : G73JH shuts down.

Rotorican
10-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Any time I play any type of video game (with in minutes) my G73JH screen turns off and about 2-3 seconds later it shuts down. From the reading I've done on here it seems to be a common problem; I updated my driver with no avail, others suggest to flash the Vbios but I haven't because I'm scared I'll brick the damn thing, and some others suggest that it's hardware failure. I've read on several people upgrading their video cards, most of them had to do several modifications, I how ever would like to replace the card with no mods (mainly due to lack of skill).

Is there a direct replacement for the ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5870? Also I would much rather replace it with an Nvidia card. Sorry for the lack of specs but I'm not very computer savvy and I don't know what would help. Thank you for your time and help in advanced.

- Nil.

kb0sdq
10-10-2013, 03:00 AM
Howdy Rotorican,
First off are you sure it is not a over heating issue? You might try taking a can of compressed air and doing short bursts of air into the exhaust ports. also if you can get into the game turn the settings down and see if that helps. There is a vbios update for the G73 and also a bios update.
I have had my G73 for several years now and no complaints. I installed a fresh version of Windows 7 updated the bios and vbios and it had=s been good so far. Good luck with it, I hope it is just a dust issue.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

Rotorican
10-10-2013, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the reply kb0sdq, at first I thought it was over heating but my fans are running fine and it doesn't take long to happen; I'll turn it on and log on to the game and within 5 minutes it'll happen. I'll try cleaning everything out this weekend when I get some time, also my friend said he'll flash the Vbios for me so we'll see.