PDA

View Full Version : G75vw - can only wake it from sleep with the power button

Ztrust
10-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Hi.

As the title says i can only wake my g75vw with the power button, not with the keyboard or usb keyboard or mouse i called asus the only thing they told me was to send it to them and they could do a fresh install (dah)

so i did a clean install of windows 8 myself with all drives formatted, right after install i put it to sleep and could not wake it, so turned of the power options in bios 223 and tried again no go, I then installed the asus tools kb filter, instant on pretty much everything on the cd, still dosent work dosent matter the bios settings.
I have tried powerplan and powermanagement where ever possible.

Am i not suppose to be able to wake it through usb,keyboard,remote or is there something wrong with my machine ???

GottiBoi55
10-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi.

As the title says i can only wake my g75vw with the power button, not with the keyboard or usb keyboard or mouse i called asus the only thing they told me was to send it to them and they could do a fresh install (dah)

so i did a clean install of windows 8 myself with all drives formatted, right after install i put it to sleep and could not wake it, so turned of the power options in bios 223 and tried again no go, I then installed the asus tools kb filter, instant on pretty much everything on the cd, still dosent work dosent matter the bios settings.
I have tried powerplan and powermanagement where ever possible.

Am i not suppose to be able to wake it through usb,keyboard,remote or is there something wrong with my machine ???

You G75VW is acting normal.
There's two ways to wake from sleep.
1. power button
2. wake on lid open (if you close lid for sleep)
I would not worry about a thing!

Ztrust
10-10-2013, 04:05 AM
You G75VW is acting normal.
There's two ways to wake from sleep.
1. power button
2. wake on lid open (if you close lid for sleep)
I would not worry about a thing!

hey GottiBoi55

thanks for the fast reply
This sucks since my htpc died I have to use the 75vw for xbmc I gues this means I have to get up from my couch to wake it up ;)

GottiBoi55
10-11-2013, 01:30 AM
hey GottiBoi55

thanks for the fast reply
This sucks since my htpc died I have to use the 75vw for xbmc I gues this means I have to get up from my couch to wake it up ;)

Your welcome my friend:D
Well if you set "Power4Gear Hybrid" to "High Performance", you should not go into sleep mode while watching a video.
If you didn't install this app when you did the clean install of Win8, I think you should.
you can get "Power4Gear Hybrid" Here (http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW/#support) (look under utilities)
see below for example.

PS: hope this help?

GottiBoi55
10-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Your welcome my friend:D
Well if you set "Power4Gear Hybrid" to "High Performance", you should not go into sleep mode while watching a video.
If you didn't install this app when you did the clean install of Win8, I think you should.
you can get "Power4Gear Hybrid" Here (http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW/#support) (look under utilities)
see below for example.

PS: hope this help?

Edit: This image is of the Power4Gear that's on my Win7 version.
The one for the Win8 will look different, but will still do what you are looking for.

GottiBoi55
10-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Here's the Win8 Power4Gear image.

Fangrim
12-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Ztrust, I can wake my G75VW from keyboard and USB.

I have no idea why you can't, but I posted here to tell you that it's possible.

Pitcher@asus
12-19-2013, 03:15 AM
try to enable wake item in device manager.

Sprawl
01-04-2015, 03:42 PM
I have the same issue on my G75V. Cannot wake from sleep using external USB mouse or keyboard. I've uninstalled InstantOn, set "Allow this device to wake computer" on both the mouse and keyboard, but no, nothing.

GottiBoi55
01-04-2015, 08:19 PM
I have the same issue on my G75V. Cannot wake from sleep using external USB mouse or keyboard. I've uninstalled InstantOn, set "Allow this device to wake computer" on both the mouse and keyboard, but no, nothing.

This is a BIOS firmware programing issue, my G750JZ will wake upon mouse, or any key movement.
I believe many others have the same issue as you my friend (I for one with my old G75), and Asus took note and changed it for the newer versions of the G series.
This issue can only be fixed per a BIOS update, which I doubt Asus will be doing any time soon, due to the age of your NB.
I know this issue sucks, but that's the facts, and you will just have to live with it.
Sorry this news isn't any better, but Asus is not known for giving much support on these older model issues once the new versions are released.
Asus tends to spend all there time and money on the developing new technology.

Sprawl
01-04-2015, 11:58 PM

I got wake on mouse to work now by setting Power Profile settings USB and PCI-E to disabled (all three options). So it had something to do with the Power Profile for the ASUS G75V Laptop. Just so you know.