PDA

View Full Version : G55vw - Display does not turn off when closing lid [solved ?]

Dr. Zchivago
10-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey all,

I have fished around a number of forums in search of an answer to this issue, and have returned empty handed.

When I close the lid to the laptop, the display remains on until its determined 'time-out,' when it turns off. I am not referring to the settings that command the computer to sleep/hibernate/shut down when the lid is closed; but, I am strictly talking about the display.

My laptop is completely 'off-the-shelf' except for a clean installation of Windows 7 HP 64, and I have installed all of the most up-to-date drivers - for all components - from Asus' website.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I know display 'burning' is not much of an issue these days, but I'd still like to know if I can force the display to behave as it should.

Thanks all,

Dr. Z

SHADO
10-13-2013, 05:09 PM
No help from me (sorry), just a thumbs up on the Ace Rimmer pic/quote! :)

Dr. Zchivago
10-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks! I feel so esoteric sometimes because so few people know the awesomeness that is Red Dwarf.

Also, I have discovered that this issue was not an issue after all. So, any new readers may disregard the original question.

It turns out that the display does turn off, but much later than I have seen in the past. The display turns off ~5 degrees from being completely closed. I had to test it in a dark room with the keyboard lights off, etc.

SHADO
10-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes, it is a shame that Red Dwarf is so (relatively) unknown on our side of the pond. :(

Glad your screen problem was a false alarm!