PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] How to fix your HDD lags

y0da67
10-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Hello, I made a quick tutorial. It shows how I fixed my lags (even in small games) on my computer (G750JX)
If this is not the appropriate place, feel free to move it.

http://youtu.be/qFPsvse8PCE

Download link : https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

Don't forget to say thanks if it helped you

hmscott
10-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Hello, I made a quick tutorial. It shows how I fixed my lags (even in small games) on my computer (G750JX)
If this is not the appropriate place, feel free to move it.
Hope it helps you

Very nice y0da67 :)

Is there a reason to not bump up the sliders on Tab3?

Do we need to manually run quietHDD and set these settings at every reboot, or is there a way we can have them automatically set at each reboot?

Can you please put a link to the download here in the posting? You do have the link on the youtube video page comments, but when we play it here we can't see the link.

y0da67
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Very nice y0da67 :)

Is there a reason to not bump up the sliders on Tab3?

Do we need to manually run quietHDD and set these settings at every reboot, or is there a way we can have them automatically set at each reboot?

Can you please put a link to the download here in the posting? You do have the link on the youtube video page comments, but when we play it here we can't see the link.

Yes, Skyrim does lag like hell when I put the sliders on maximum in 3rd tab (on my computer).
You can probably create a launch script when the computer boots.
I just run the program when I need to play, otherwise the HDD just runs normally.
I can add the download link here, I will edit my post.

Is my english good enough ?

hmscott
10-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Yes, Skyrim does lag like hell when I put the sliders on maximum in 3rd tab (on my computer).
You can probably create a launch script when the computer boots.
I just run the program when I need to play, otherwise the HDD just runs normally.
I can add the download link here, I will edit my post.

Is my english good enough ?

y0da67, your English and pronunciation are excellent :)

Nehmia
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
this is not needed on an SSD right?

What exactly does this Quiete HDD do?

hmscott
10-16-2013, 09:57 PM
this is not needed on an SSD right?
What exactly does this quietHDD do?

nehmia, the link to the quiethdd site that y0da67 provided has all the details on what it does:
https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

Just for fun I tried it on my Samsung 840 Pro, and setting the suspend off, putting the sliders to the right on both tab2/3, improved my SSD benchmark noticeably. The performance had been the same for months, so it isn't just a matter of a particularly good benchmark run.

First run compared to previous run

Most recent run

I run the app, right click on the systray icon, select "Disable HDD APM Now" - icon blinks, right click again, select "Disable System Suspend". Then right click and select "Settings". Move sliders in Tab2 to right, in Tab3 I move each slider to the right and click the "Set XXX Value" then click Apply after both are done.

y0da67
10-17-2013, 07:20 PM
This is not needed if you don't feel any lag