PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: UO Freezes when I get shot for 2-3 seconds?

tkolarik
10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
I've been suffering with this problem for about 6-8 months now. It seems that most of the time when I play CoD United Offensive the game freezes for 2-3 seconds when I get shot or killed, sometimes when I shoot or kill another gamer. Not a big deal if I get killed but if just wounded, by the time the freeze is over...I'm definitely dead!

I've configured the game the same way for the last 6 years or so.
No new updates from the game manufacturer.
The game is old so I'm not anywhere close to maxing out the hardware.
It happens both on LAN and WLAN
It happens with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (as I found out last night).
I use the exact same game files on my desktop and it does NOT happen.
No new hardware in use on my G75VW.
The data files are on a second drive not in the standard Program Files directory. Can't see how that would affect it because there is no lockup at any other time.
Don't play many other games so haven't noticed it in another game.

Any ideas? I'm leaning to a video card driver issue. Will probable reinstall with original Windows 7 and Asus Nvidia driver if no one has any solution.

Thanks!!!

xeromist
10-18-2013, 05:23 PM
It could also be something audio related since it seems to be tied to a specific event in the game. I'd try turning off sound effects as that's a pretty easy test.

Just for kicks I'd also try a fresh install on the local hard drive. There could be something about the way that it installed on that drive for your desktop that doesn't agree with the laptop.