PDA

View Full Version : warning! jh and raid owners watch your ssd after 8.1 update

jsarver
10-18-2013, 08:42 PM
it has no been confirmed by two owners including myself that after 8.1 windows will see your raid ssd as an hdd and will try to run defrag commands on it under disk optimization.

to change how windows "sees" your drives open powershell and type the command "winSAT formal" without the quotes. this will let windows reevaluate how its sees your hardware. this should fix your optimization and windows should run trim commands as it did in windows 8.

this has nothing to do with updating intel raid drives its just how windows 8.1 views hardware after the update.

hmscott
10-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Another thing to check after the Windows 8.1 Update, on any SSD system, is to make sure your Windows services settings didn't change.

The Samsung Magician software, OS Optimization section showed that the Windows Indexing Service / Search Service / Prefetch / SuperFetch were Activated after the update -and showing me I could Deactivate them. I Deactivated them and rebooted, and they stayed Deactivated. They were all already Deactivated before the Windows 8.1 Update

rizwan.wangde
10-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Okay, so what should I be doing before I start the Upgrade to 8.1?