PDA

View Full Version : Question about displays in G750 JX

eleternauta
10-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone! Since I decided to buy an ASUS G750JX I tried to research about models and prices and this forum has been very important, so thank you very much.

Now I found two options with the main difference in the display:

-ASUS G750 JX T4199H with Anti-glare FHD LED (1920 x 1080).

-ASUS G750 JX CU135H with FHD 3D LED (1920 x 1080, 120Hz) 3D glasses included.

The difference of the price (after buy a SSD for the T4199H model) is 270 ($436).

1) The quality of the screen worth that difference in the price? I found reviews about the first one in notebookcheck.net but I can't with the 3D one.

2) I understand that the 3D one is glossy and the other is matte, is that correct?

I don't really care about the 3D to be honest, but usually I prefer glossy screens.

Thank you very much for your answers and sorry my broken English.

Pitcher@asus
10-21-2013, 02:14 AM
i think it must be ask youslef, what is function do you need, 3D or non 3D. first is non 3D version, second is 3D version.

kingfish
10-21-2013, 04:13 AM
i got the 3D screen. so far very nice. you don't need the glasses which come free but you'll going to enjoy it some times.

like pithcer@asus posted, know what you need and from there build your budget.

SSD??? very helpful!

enjoy :)

eleternauta
10-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Thank you mates!

After more research I found dozens of posts similar to my question, sorry about that. The main problem is that I can't see the screens in person, because ASUS don't sell the glossy screen in UK in the JX and JH models. But I can buy it in Spain or france easily.

Pitcher@asus I ask to myself and I know that I'm not really interested in the 3D function, my interest is in the non-3d functions of that display, also I'm a little worry about the complains about the matte screen in Internet.

kingfish I didn't see anyone with your display complain, in fact the they usually talk wonderful things about it. The SSD is going to be the Samsung 840 EVO 500GB if I don't buy the 3D display (the 3D model has 250GB SSD).

iweber95
10-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Ive always had glossy screens before my matte and i prefer the matte hugely, It makes everything really crisp. I never had any problems with the lines on the screen or flickering.