PDA

View Full Version : G750JH Assassin's Creed logo

fenak
10-20-2013, 08:45 PM
I've been toying with the idea of splurging for a G750JH for a few weeks now, but then I saw this unboxing video (link) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkUcnhzCDTQ) (jump to 1:50) and apparently there's this stupid Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag logo under the arrow keys!!

This just feels really cheap and made me balk. The weird thing is I've never seen this mentioned on any review site, nor have there been any pictures for that matter. To make it even stranger, it seems only certain variants of the G750JH has this logo?? Just do a search for "G750JH unboxing" on Youtube and you'll see that most the G750JH's they show don't have this logo.

I'm thinking of getting a G750JH-DB71 from XoticPC, so I'm particularly interested in knowing if that specific variant comes with the logo.

If any G750JH owner could pitch in that would be wonderful, thanks!

cosmicmango
10-20-2013, 10:19 PM
I've got a G750JH-DB71 and it has the Assassin's Creed logo but I barely notice it anymore.

Woofyhugger
10-20-2013, 10:26 PM
I feel jibbed, I have a JH and mine doesn't have an assassins creed logo. :( But I didn't get it from xotic.

fenak
10-20-2013, 11:13 PM
^Do you know which version of the G750JH you have?

I actually would MUCH prefer a G750JH without the Assassin's Creed logo. I should be able to make decisions on what logo to put on my laptop, not Asus.

Perhaps I'll have to look for a non-DB71 version of G750JH, since those clearly exist.

EDIT: I have a theory, perhaps only the US models come with this AS logo. I know the Canadian version doesn't (G750JH-QS71-CB and G750JH-DB72-CA).

Woofyhugger
10-20-2013, 11:23 PM
^Do you know which version of the G750JH you have?

I am not sure if you can get my version in the states but it's the G750JH-T4074H (HW i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512 SSD+1TB, 17.3inch FHD, GTX 780M-4GB, BR RW, WiFi, BT, HD Webcam, Win 8 64)

Pitcher@asus
10-21-2013, 01:50 AM
what is your model name and do you post your logo?

fenak
10-21-2013, 02:04 AM
^huh? I'm sorry I'm not sure I understood that.

My point was, I DON'T want any logo (well except the ROG logo) on the laptop, so I wanted to know where to find a G750JH that doesn't have the Assassin's Creed logo.

hmscott
10-21-2013, 02:26 AM
I've been toying with the idea of splurging for a G750JH for a few weeks now, but then I saw this unboxing video (link) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkUcnhzCDTQ) (jump to 1:50) and apparently there's this stupid Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag logo under the arrow keys!!
This just feels really cheap and made me balk. The weird thing is I've never seen this mentioned on any review site, nor have there been any pictures for that matter. To make it even stranger, it seems only certain variants of the G750JH has this logo?? Just do a search for "G750JH unboxing" on Youtube and you'll see that most the G750JH's they show don't have this logo.
I'm thinking of getting a G750JH-DB71 from XoticPC, so I'm particularly interested in knowing if that specific variant comes with the logo.
If any G750JH owner could pitch in that would be wonderful, thanks!

You are going to have to do the work yourself, call the dealers you want to purchase from, tell them what you want - or in this case don't want - and have them find one for you.

The boxes with Assassin Creed logo's on them likely have the logo on the laptop, if that helps :)

You could get lucky and one of the dealers that posts here can find one for you...

fenak
10-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Well now I know for sure that all G750JH sold in Canada don't carry the logo, so that's one option.

Actually I had an idea just now. Apart from the GPU, is the internal design of the G750 series all the same? Because if so, maybe I could just ask a dealer/reseller to swap the keyboard plate of the G750JH for a G750JX or G750JW plate. Short of somehow sanding off the logo (destructive), this is probably the most realistic solution.

Not sure how much I would get gouged on labor, but considering that I plan on having the thermal paste upgraded, having the screen and ram swapped out, I don't think it would be too much extra work, since you pretty much have to disassemble the entire unit just to get to the ram installed under the keyboard anyway. Perhaps I should contact XoticPC and find out.

Tundra
10-21-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't expect them to all carry the logo. That would be really.. "tacky" for them to put that on such a premium laptop. I don't think GentechPc sells the ACIV branded laptop. XoticPC probably will though.

iweber95
10-21-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree that logo just seems very "kidish" and wouldn't want one on mine either. Hope you can find what you are looking for! : )

Myk SilentShadow
10-21-2013, 03:46 PM
If it's a sticker you should be able to peel it off and download ACIV if you wanna play it.

iweber95
10-21-2013, 05:14 PM
I dont think that its a sticker, but the paint like material used for the ROG logo as well

Randomname
10-21-2013, 05:40 PM
I own a G750JH-T4086D and I don't have anything other on it, beside the ROG logo :)
I bought mine in Serbia, but it came with a US keyboard (basically I bought it 2-3 weeks after it came out) :)
I'm far too lazy to look who posted the comment, but I agree that you should contact your dealer from whom you want to purchase it from and ask them if their notebooks come with a ACIV logo, if they do, I'm sure that they are able to order one for you without the logo :)

jsarver
10-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I have the logo on my db71 from tiger direct. Not a huge deal honestly. I never pay attention and I'll enjoy the free game when it launches. It is painted on so removing will be tough but could be possible.

MrRuckus
10-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Funny, I was thinking about the exact same thing today. I would like to know how to remove it without effecting the finish of the rog logo in close proximity. I also don't care for it. Not a sticker. 2837628377

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Not trying to be rude here, but did any of you bother to read the product info before you made your purchase? cos there should have been pictures of the 750JH with the logo in it and also info stating that it's an AC IV promo, or did the place of purchase negate to include that info and pics for you? if they did and you wanna return and get one without it, you actually should have every right to a refund, or swap.

jsarver
10-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Tiger direct website never stated it would have it and I even tried calling them and they didn't know over the phone either. If a small logo stops you from grabbing an amazingly powerful notebook then I'm not sure what to tell you. It's gonna be a while till they are all sold out and I wouldn't doubt if further jh's have game logos too. Nvidia has it's hands in some pretty high profile games this year.

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2013, 03:41 AM
It's not Nvidia doing this Promo, this is purely a deal between Ubisoft and ASUS, it's the same thing with the RIVBE, except the RIVBE doesn't have the ACIV logo on it

Myk SilentShadow
10-22-2013, 04:39 PM
From the Front page: http://rog.asus.com/267712013/gaming/asus-rog-launches-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-full-game-bundles/

MrRuckus
10-23-2013, 11:45 PM
I've seen many games bundled with gaming laptops. I think my G53 came with a free copy of Just Cause 2. I just haven't seen one where they went as far as to include the title in the paint scheme. Haha. Its not that big of a deal to me really. I may attempt to remove it later. Not something worth sending it back for. To me anyway.

Shawnnepc
10-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Generally those free game agreements are between ASUS and Ubisoft for retail release from 'direct to consumer' markets (Amazon, Best Buy etc)

It's the same reason why you don't always get the free games when you purchase a product from a re-seller, we're the ones who have to purchase those 'free' games.

Even newegg often has to purchase those game codes to give away 'free'

In some rare cases we'll be paid by 3rd parties to give away copies of games. The only one in recent memory was Trion world, makers of Rift (before they went free to play)

I haven't seen that logo on any of the laptops we've sold.

Redmatrix
04-13-2014, 01:46 PM
How can remove this idiot logo?
Asus..... is incompresible apply a logo game permanently.....
What have asus in this mind when concept this idiot thing...?

There sameone that know how to remove this assassin's creed logo?

Darnassus
04-14-2014, 09:20 AM
The logo I assume is on the models that have the game in the package. Can't be for certain.